Elcan SpecterDR

Does anyone have experience with this optic good or bad? Also curios if any local stores carry so I can see it in person. I looked up Bass Pro and Cabela's and it seems they do not.

Yes I know they are expensive, just considering it as an option.

thanks,
Andrew

I had the opportunity to use an elcan 1x4 at the range this past year. The optic was the one that was used on his service rifle when he was overseas. Nice, bright and great reticle. After that I have wanted one but couldn't justify the cost - yet.

Thanks...that is the same boat I am in. General reviews/videos I have seen online are consistent that it works great, but the price is what is so prohibitive.

Elcan makes incredible optics - they are really heavy though.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I have one, its the 6x for .223. Total overkill, a bit heavy, and expensive as hell. But it was a gift to myself from myself, and I friggin love it. If you can justify the cost (who cant justify that much money?????) its awesome. Or just buy it like I did and dont tell the wife how much it was.

Does anyone have experience with this optic good or bad? Also curios if any local stores carry so I can see it in person. I looked up Bass Pro and Cabela's and it seems they do not.

thanks,
Andrew

ACOGs are an excellent alternative, you can't go wrong. I wanted an Elcan to but i could justify the $1k premium over an ACOG. Very happy with the Trijicon.

If you got the greens go for it!!!

thanks,
Andrew

I have the 1-6 on my Scar 17. GREAT glass. ZHA had them in stock Friday

Shot with them but never owned one. Amazing glass but heavy and bulky. In the words of Boris the Blade, "...you could always hit him with it..."

MARSOC buddy of mine had one and loved it. Issued to and used by a lot of other operating operators who operate as well.

If you got the cash, doesn't sound like you will be disappointed.

friend of mine picked one up, i believe it was this model, he is in love with his elcan. will let him post up if he sees the thread. i bought his eotech off him when he got the elcan.

I am going back and fourth between the TA31F green reticle and the elcan. Seems like everyone who bought the elcan loves it, just have to clear the mental hurdle of the cost.

Back
Top Bottom