• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Effect new CT gun laws have on non-residents

It's time for Colt, Stag, Mossberg, NSSF, etc to move the heck out. Magpul made noise in CO and are now moving, the co's in CT didn't do much. If they stay, they are tacitly supporting the gun grabbers.

They of course exempted them along with police as to not lose the manufacturing jobs. Hopefully they leave.

- - - Updated - - -

So now, you will need to get a non-resident permit to purchase ammo and go shooting in the state?

Yes

Limiting non resident ammo and likely gun sales (will components need the ammo approval thing too?) will cut down on foot traffic at Cabela's for sure. I'm not going to stop if all I can do is window shop. Cabela's should tell CT to go screw too.

Reloading components are NOT covered on the bill. It explicitly defines ammunition as a complete cartridge.

I'm sure this will be one of their "fixes" over the next few months.

So has anyone tried to make an ammo purchase in CT since the law passed? Has anything changed yet or is there a period to figure out enforcement?

I believe, according to the bill, that no changes on ammo will occur until October. I wouldn't be surprised if some store decide to only sell to permit holders out of fear.

It's all starting to change, for the worse! Though this fight has only begun! They want to to take more and more, without valid reason! NY, CT,...TX is in their sights too! Day to day, it only gets worse! Our "2-A", doesn't seem to have much meaning anymore!

It's all starting to change, for the worse! Though this fight has only begun! They want to to take more and more, without valid reason! NY, CT,...TX is in their sights too! Day to day, it only gets worse! Our "2-A", doesn't seem to have much meaning anymore!

None of the bill of rights matters anymore. The Dems don't like guns. The Republicans don't like the 4A or 5A. None of them like the 10A. Both parties are run by statists. Same BS, different flavor.

You sit tight and do nothing. There are no forms or processes developed yet.

You aren't going to have to REGISTER magazines. You are going to have to Declare how many you have.

You and I both know this is not where it ends. The law is clearly written in a such a broad manner as to ensure abusive searches.

But the thing is the previous AWB had similar language.

This is really one of the differences between MA and CT. Prosecutors really don't prosecute gun owners for crap. The last person I know harassed by a prosecutor was Duane Doutel and his charges were eventually dropped.

Don

Was able to purchase .223 ammo in East Hartford last night. I was also told by one of the sales guy's that if I get a CT non-res pistol permit I will still be able to purchase ammo after the law kicks in in October.

Does anyone know if he is correct with that statement that "CT non-resident pistol permit can buy ammo" ?

Last edited:
I'll be going to Riley's & Shooters Warehouse after October on my way to Scarborough, ME for my drop ships. It's ~20 miles extra each way for me.

Back
Top Bottom