efa10 help

mchncbill

NES Member
good evening, i transfered an ar to my brother a few minutes ago. when waiting for the last page to load i hit refresh. the page disapeared and it gave me the option to return to the home page. i did not recieve a confirmation on the transfer. is there any way to find out if it went through? should i do it again? do i wait til tuesday and call someone? thanks, bill.

Do it again?

Really, what are they gonna do to you for a duplicate efa10 within minutes of the other? shoot your dog? kick your door down?

I would submit it again.

I was a buyer and the seller had the same issue a few months back. My understanding is that page cannot be recalled once it's gone but a copy can be requested. Hopefully one of the more experienced NES'ers weighs in and educates us both.

If you hear a helicopter hovering in 5 minutes, or a bunch of cars pull up to your house...run.

ok the resident wise ass has chimed in, i had an actual question. go over to the group buy area and spread some of that zen around, ok chief?

This is why I don't like the efa10.

Same thing happened to me when I went and bought a 10/22.

Call the number Tuesday and they will send you a copy.

At least it was your brother and not some random person. Makes it pretty ockward when you don't know who owns the gun anymore.

You did what you were required to do. No extraordinary efforts are mandated by law.

Unless you think your brother will go shoot up a mall with the gun, you can simply resume living your life.

If you DO think that you shouldn't have sold him the rifle.

If you really GOTTA have that receipt call them up and ask for it.

ok the resident wise ass has chimed in, i had an actual question. go over to the group buy area and spread some of that zen around, ok chief?

Children stop with the douchebaggyness. Nottom brings us many great things in group buy form. He was just being a funny man. I chuckled. And I'd say resubmit.

For your $20 a year you gotta put up with all responses....solicited and unsolicited.
99% of readers chuckled. Fact.

Very true! [laugh]

That was absolutely NOTHING compared to the Scrivening some of us endured.

The real problem with Scriv wasn't that he could be such an acidic torturer, but that he was almost never wrong.

You're gonna need thicker skin and to put on your big girl panties if you wanna make it here. Grow a pair and use common sense.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It's a tough neighborhood, but there are ALSO some good people, great info and terrific deals and mind blowing events like the car shoots that compensate the occasional bent feelings.

I would think confronting something you thought was a problem would be "putting on your big girl panties". I had a question, i asked it. I enjoy this forum but if its going to be constant ball busting it will degenerate to a garbage heap. I'm quite the wise ass kid in real life, if you want me to bring that to the posts i will. I have made the decision to hold back to not annoy. Thank you to those who gave me posts, time and dms with real info on something i was concerned about.

Sorry you saw my comment in particular as ball busting. You may have thought your issue as a problem, but it's apparent many others saw it as much simpler issue with only two real options for answers, neither of which would require 'help' with.

Boxers.

The state mandated these absurd laws- make it their problem. Call them up on Tuesday and tell them that you did a transfer and didn't get a confirmation. Make them do the leg work.

I wouldn't file a duplicate because they might count it against the 4 you are allowed to perform a year. That will probably be more of a mess to clean up.

Steviep you're obviously confused on two things, first calling what you said "ball busting" would be a great compliment to yourself because i saw it as a rather weak attempt. the issue i had was with an earlier comment, which i then summarized all my problems in one post. Its not all about you. Second, whether or not my query is an actual problem or not isn't really up to you. I had a question, i have found this forum to be very helpful in the past so i asked it. I would actually much rather not receive your type of help again, it is not appreciated. Thank you. I appreciate nottom, what he does and occasionally his humor, i was concerned about being in a jam with the state. Although alot of people seem ready to take on the government, i don't want them to know i exist. I know that isn't really possible so i just don't want to be a blip. Just looking for others past experience.

You have a choice to make; resubmit and print (although each transaction has a specific number so, to those mental midgets you will have two of the EXACT same gun) or just leave it be. As some other poster said, unless he shoots up the mall with it AND even then what would prohibit you from lending or letting another licensed person borrow, test, fix, repair, possess, carry your pistol or rifle? The whole registration system is a$$. Inaccurate as all hell as well.... The rifle is in your family? Let er go....

It's their stupid system even with proof they'd probably just make up some reason to say your in violation.

These people are above the law...

Please be a smartass its what I like about this site. Some people are awesomely funny here. The lib gun sites hate it (score!), and it gives NES its blue collar New England character.

As others said, you only have 2 options:

1. leave it alone and assume it went through, which I am sure it did
2. re submit it.

Not sure calling them will do anything, or even give you accurate information.

I have not used this but if it works, you can cancel your transaction (IIRC it is one of the options) and then do it again but don't hit "refresh". Save it as a PDF and print it later.

Otherwise, call on Tuesday, explain what happened and ask them to Mail you a copy. They were doing this if you requested it as of last year anyway.

I had a similar problem. You can request a copy... I believe it was a $20 fee and a bunch of BS forms to fill out.

That fee is for a list of everything they think that you own. That is not applicable (no fee) if he simply requests a copy of this specific transaction.

Back
Top Bottom