Easy Way Send Email to Rescind Healy's AR Ban

Keep in mind, our side painting them as such does not work, they wear that as a badge of honor and boast about "taking on the evil gun lobby". We've already seen Healey do this. Best bet is to keep the heat on your rep/senator and cajole them into convincing leadership to get the bill to the floor.

Then I guess I should start playing hardball with my own reps -- telling me they support it without being able to get it to the floor is of no use to me, and therefore they are of no use to me despite their declared support and I might as well campaign to get them out and let someone else try.

If you would allow a little further hyperbole -- perhaps it is time to give our Reps an ultimatum concerning this not getting a vote...

Paraphrasing John Wayne in Big Jake -- "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna [STRIKE=through]blow your head off[/STRIKE] vote you out. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets [STRIKE=through]killed[/STRIKE] elected, I'm gonna [STRIKE=through]blow your head off[/STRIKE] vote you out."

Not my rep. but a really good guy. Received a response from Representative Velis:

Thanks Mark, I also disagree with her actions and am proud to support the second amendment in the Commonwealth. Let me know if anything else comes up!

Best,

John C. Velis
State Representative
4th Hampden District

Got a response today from my rep (Durant) & he supports these bills against Healy's ban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD1157 now has a bill number, S.1322
SD1889 is now S.1316
Both referred to Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security
https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Detail/J22/190

Because I am a geek I have created this QR Code, it is very dense, but when scanned it should open an email populated with the address of all 20 members of the committee -- just add your subject and message.

Full%20committee.png

Then I guess I should start playing hardball with my own reps -- telling me they support it without being able to get it to the floor is of no use to me, and therefore they are of no use to me despite their declared support and I might as well campaign to get them out and let someone else try.

If you would allow a little further hyperbole -- perhaps it is time to give our Reps an ultimatum concerning this not getting a vote...

Paraphrasing John Wayne in Big Jake -- "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna [STRIKE=through]blow your head off[/STRIKE] vote you out. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets [STRIKE=through]killed[/STRIKE] elected, I'm gonna [STRIKE=through]blow your head off[/STRIKE] vote you out."

Remember, something like 70% of state reps ran unopposed and almost nobody lost their seat when they did have opposition.

Rcvd reply from my rep already:
"Artie, thank you for your letter. I signed onto both bills as a co-sponsor. I am also a member of GOAL.
Best regrds
Steven Howitt"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Got my response from my Rep. James Miceli:

Dear John,

Apologies regarding the delay in responding to you.. With a 100% rating from GOAL, the Representative is supportive of SD1157 and SD1889 which as you know seeks to overturn AG Healey’s enforcement decisions. As always, we will stand by second amendment rights and look to make sure that the citizens who own firearms are allowed to exercise such a right. On another note, you may be interested in H1296, which GOAL requested Representative Miceli sponsor. This bill would require the state to standardize gun laws from town to town to ensure that towns cannot restrict further access to firearms and ammunition deemed legal on a state level. This would help prevent inadvertent crimes as an innocent gun owner crossed town lines, and would allow GOAL to advocate on a state level knowing that no town or city will exempt themselves and punish their firearms owning residents when legislation supporting 2nd amendment rights is passed.

As always, please feel free to write to the Representative on behalf of any firearms or non firearms issues you may be facing, as we are happy to assist.

On behalf of Representative Miceli,

David Robertson
Office of Representative Miceli

Jim Miceli is one of the best we have in the House. Thanks, Jim.

Last edited:
Received this from my Rep.

Dear Daniel

Thank you for reaching out to my office regarding SD1157 and SD1889. I would like to inform you that I have signed on as a co-sponsor and support both pieces of legislation. Please do not hesitate to reach out to my office with any further questions or concerns regarding this matter.

Best regards,

David DeCoste
State Representative
5th Plymouth District

Davids a good man, John Keenan however I expect nothing in the way of help from.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom