Durham CT Gun show, Oct 24-25

Aside from Chantily, VA which is the best there are only 2 other gun shows worth going to in the Northeast. Harrisburg,PA and Valley Forge, PA. Each has over 1000 tables. Anything smaller is a waste of time.

IMHO not really, about 1/4 to 1/2 the size of West Springfield. Fair amount of knives and older firearms. If you are really itching for something to do, go If you expect a large show with a lot of variety, you may be disapointed. I may go on Saturday seeing the forecast is rain but only about 45 minutes from the Springfield area

last time I went was a few years back, its a small show appropriate for a rainy weekend distraction. you will find the same load of crap vendors that crowd the tables at all the shows as well as the regular dealers, nothing to blow a tank of gas over. Unless, that is, you are in the market for something particular.

I'll prob. take the drive if it is raining and I can't rake the yard. Can't miss me, Ill be the one too cheap to buy anything.

Keri

It is 20 minutes from me and probably the only show worth going to in CT, mind you that is not saying much. A lot of non firearm traders at the shows but there are some deals to be found.

Beats staying indoors ..

A lot of non firearm traders at the shows but there are some deals to be found.

Beats staying indoors ..

There is nothing worse at a gunshow when all there is are cheaply made imported knives, and hot sauce vendors... And a couple of dozen grossly overpriced guns, and little else.

I'll let you know...ooo that reminds me I better pack some wings to go with the hot sauce and mmmmmmmm Jerky.

I went on Saturday. (rainy) I took my 2 year old daughter and gave mom a break.

It was CROWDED, much more than last year. BHO is the best gun salesman in history. There were some good deals on ammo. Russian steel cased .223 was available for $230/1000.

I got a couple of mags for my M1 carbine and a MacJack. These are all inexpensive items that I never buy on line because the shipping will cost half as much as the items.

There were 2 local (North Haven and (I think) west haven) Class 3 FFL / SOTs there. It was good to make contact with them.

Generally though, its a mediocre show. Like somebody said, its worth it to kill a rainy afternoon, but not worth driving any distance.

Don

Back
Top Bottom