Dumb noob question about registration

Yes, if you bought it in MA.

If it is a long gun that you bought out of state, you need to file the FA-10 within 7 days.

Last edited:
Careful though, many people will say it is the TRANSACTION that is registered, not the gun.

We all know what giving the make/model/serial number of the gun with our address on it to a government entity is[rolleyes]

Careful though, many people will say it is the TRANSACTION that is registered, not the gun.

We all know what giving the make/model/serial number of the gun with our address on it to a government entity is[rolleyes]

I'm so sorry to hear that all your guns are registered. I won't make you feel worse by saying that most of mine aren't, having been purchased before I moved here, or having been purchased here before the state threw out all the old blue cards. It's nice knowing that you legally own guns for which there isn't a single piece of paper or database entry anywhere in the world connecting them to you. [smile]

Ken

It's nice knowing that you legally own guns for which there isn't a single piece of paper or database entry anywhere in the world connecting them to you. [smile]

You suck [wink]. Only way I can do that (legally) is to manufacture one out of state, and keep it there.

MXD said:
When I buy a new gun from a dealer, is it automatically registered with the state at the time of purchase?

Yes. It's electronically transferred over to the state database before you even walk out of the store.

I'm so sorry to hear that all your guns are registered. I won't make you feel worse by saying that most of mine aren't, having been purchased before I moved here, or having been purchased here before the state threw out all the old blue cards. It's nice knowing that you legally own guns for which there isn't a single piece of paper or database entry anywhere in the world connecting them to you. [smile]

Ken

*kick* [wink]

hijack: you going to be running any instructors courses any time in the near future?

I have some of them too[smile]

Ken

In Maine you have the option of not entering your Social Security Numbah.

same here, no SS# needed

Ken

Amen to that. If I ever sell any of my guns, it won't be any from that category. [smile]

It also makes me wonder how many FA10 forms they get that are illegible or erroneous. Since they all get scanned in, I wonder how good their OCR software is. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom