Duluth police ignore Rule #4: Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

You said it in a response to my post and I didn't say anything about it. But in any case, way to touch on the least relevant part of my post.
Ah damn. It was someone in the same area. I must not have quoted them. Lol.

And I only skim posts longer than 3 paragraphs. Hahahahahahahahaha.

That would help explain your ignorance on the subject.
Have you considered more fiber in your diet? [rofl]

FWIW - my first response was something like post 15 and totally unrelated to you. As my fictional Italian grandmother youz, er USED to say, Cammayoudowna! Smile, dammit. It's Friday!

While thank god this court came to the correct conclusion, these are the sort of arguments that get made and often upheld granting government actors qualified immunity.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8BIGe6nARs

If you don’t want to watch it, I’ll summarize.

Two social workers lied and committed perjury in order to get two children taken away from their mother. They argued they are entitled to qualified immunity because the perjury wasn’t in a criminal proceeding, state law prohibiting such conduct is not relevant in a federal constitutional violations claim, and there is no case law specifically saying social workers cannot lie in order to have child custody removed from a parent.

They argued they are entitled to qualified immunity because the perjury wasn’t in a criminal proceeding, state law prohibiting such conduct is not relevant in a federal constitutional violations claim, and there is no case law specifically saying social workers cannot lie in order to have child custody removed from a parent.

Unreal, but it does seem to accurately portray some of the programs in this state along with the conduct of their social workers.

The whole "QI" argument is largely moot outside of police killings, as it very seldom gets to that point. Most filed complaints get reviewed by....wait for it....other police officers. You can then attempt to go to some community ombudsman or the like, but the results are largely unchanged. From there, you can try to escalate to IA, which they do hate, but action there requires a "orgy of evidence" of flagrant and utter disregard, and largely ends with a slap on the wrist and a note in their personnel file. There used to be (possibly still) a database of actions against police officers in Boston where you could see the list of complaints and dismissals against every officer.

The whole "QI" argument is largely moot outside of police killings, as it very seldom gets to that point. Most filed complaints get reviewed by....wait for it....other police officers.

While you are correct in regards to criminal cases which almost never happen for the reasons you state, it’s civil lawsuits in which QI is most often used and that’s in regards to absolutely every type of misconduct, not just killings. It’s not moot at all. Did you read the article I posted? QI is used to shield government actors, mainly cops, from liability and accountability ALL THE TIME.

Cops literally rob your house while serving a search warrant? QI.

Cops lie to obtain a warrant? QI.

Cops rape you in jail and offer you a taco as compensation? QI.

Cops seize your cash and car after planting drugs? QI.

And I’m not even joking with these examples.

While you are correct in regards to criminal cases which almost never happen for the reasons you state, it’s civil lawsuits in which QI is most often used and that’s in regards to absolutely every type of misconduct, not just killings. It’s not moot at all. Did you read the article I posted? QI is used to shield government actors, mainly cops, from liability and accountability ALL THE TIME.

Cops literally rob your house while serving a search warrant? QI.

Cops lie to obtain a warrant? QI.

Cops rape you in jail and offer you a taco as compensation? QI.

Cops seize your cash and car after planting drugs? QI.

And I’m not even joking with these examples.

I didn't get to it yet, as the bourbon just opened after hours at work, but I will check it out. Just fill me in though.....what type of taco are we talking about?

I didn't get to it yet, as the bourbon just opened after hours at work, but I will check it out. Just fill me in though.....what type of taco are we talking about?

Not sure. But here’s the taco thread. Article link is now bunk, looking for a working one.

Found the actual ruling here.

Let's just pretend there were shots fired. And the person opening the door was the shooting victim (I mean, I guess technically he was after all), but let's say a victim trying to escape the "shooter" inside the apartment.

What I can’t figure out is how he unloads through a closed door, then retreats. He’s lucky his partner didn’t shoot him..

Imagine we all have that kind of immunity. Got a guy screaming for help and pops off a couple more rounds.

Back
Top Bottom