Duck hunting in NH for non-residents

Hi,

I am a new resident to New England and want to take a shot at duck hunting. My friend would be coming to join me from Canada. I have a small boat and would like to hunt on the water. I see that NH offers the hunter safety course online. Would that be sufficient to hunt there? I live in MA so we would both be out of staters.

It seems as if everything is booked up...does this mean I gotta wait till next year?

Any help would be appreciated,

Erik

Last edited:
Erik - do you have a previous license from anywhere? That should get you a license in either MA or NH.

Not really sure what you mean by "booked up" - you get your small game license, stamps and HIP number - then find a spot...that's the hardest part really

Good luck

What about a nonresident Alaskan small game license? Would that be good enough to get a nonresident NH small game license without having to take the course? I meant the courses were fully booked (Canadianism soorry ;) Also what's a HIP number?

Just got back from Roach's apparently we can get NH hunting licenses using a $20 Alaska small game license downloaded from the internet. Isn't bureaucracy crazy?

I'm guessing you're a Canadian citizen - a previous hunting license from CDN will do too especially if you've had the safety course...

HIP should be explained in the abstracts, if not do a google search for "waterfowl HIP" and get one for each state you'll be hunting in - yes, one for each state.

Back
Top Bottom