Drop in Trigger Kits for M&Ps

These jerks are starting to tick me off. At their suggestion I emailed them with a request for sears and expected to be notified when they became available. Now I find out that the latest supply has been sold out. If I hadn't been waiting for their message I would have more closely monitored their web site and would most likely have my sears. I hate being jerked around.

They did send out notifications - mine ended up in my spam filter, though. I lucked into finding it there while looking for a shipping notification from another company.

These jerks are starting to tick me off. At their suggestion I emailed them with a request for sears and expected to be notified when they became available. Now I find out that the latest supply has been sold out. If I hadn't been waiting for their message I would have more closely monitored their web site and would most likely have my sears. I hate being jerked around.

PM Sent

Hello Mr. Gammon, my name is Lisa Farrell with Apex Tactical Specialties, Inc. (logged under Randy Lee's name). I felt your post mandated a response. I sincerely apologize to you because your email address was listed incorrectly, reason why we had numerous messages that bounced back. Your signature on your email to us had the wrong address listed, that's the one I picked up and placed on the list. I did not have your phone # to reach you.

Rather than contacting Apex directly about a "possible miscommunication", you choose this Forum to publicly call me a "jerk" without substantiating the facts first. All Apex contact information is listed on our website along with annoucements of our new M&P Hard Sear. I find your method of communication inappropriate, juvenile, and the "name calling" in this manner is completely unfounded.

For your edification, I have set aside the amount of sears for those on our waiting list, including you.

In others words, Mr. Gammon, you have not been "jerked around" by Apex in any way, shape or form. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this matter any further.

Best regards,
Lisa Farrell
ATS, Inc.
805-528-5250
[email protected]

Hello Mr. Gammon, my name is Lisa Farrell with Apex Tactical Specialties, Inc. . . you choose this Forum to publicly call me a "jerk" without substantiating the facts first. . .I find your method of communication inappropriate, juvenile, and the "name calling" in this manner is completely unfounded. . . In others words, Mr. Gammon, you have not been "jerked around" by Apex in any way, shape or form.

Personally, I would have gone through a private message rather than trying to publicly defend the company you are now actively representing because it makes you look "inappropriate, juvenile" instead.

But it's your image. Dig the hole and bury yourself if you so wish.

Apex Tactical has an excellent reputable in the business and their work is second to none. If they are called out publicly, then there is no reason not to respond publicly.

Hello Mr. Gammon, my name is Lisa Farrell with Apex Tactical Specialties, Inc. (logged under Randy Lee's name). I felt your post mandated a response. I sincerely apologize to you because your email address was listed incorrectly, reason why we had numerous messages that bounced back. Your signature on your email to us had the wrong address listed, that's the one I picked up and placed on the list. I did not have your phone # to reach you.

Rather than contacting Apex directly about a "possible miscommunication", you choose this Forum to publicly call me a "jerk" without substantiating the facts first. All Apex contact information is listed on our website along with annoucements of our new M&P Hard Sear. I find your method of communication inappropriate, juvenile, and the "name calling" in this manner is completely unfounded.

For your edification, I have set aside the amount of sears for those on our waiting list, including you.

In others words, Mr. Gammon, you have not been "jerked around" by Apex in any way, shape or form. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss this matter any further.

Best regards,
Lisa Farrell
ATS, Inc.
805-528-5250
[email protected]

If you check your email you will discover an apology which has already been accepted by one of yor associates.

Great to see Flork on NES, he really knows his stuff and does excellent work. If I'm not mistaken, he did some work on a P229 that I had, and that gun came back from GGI light years ahead of where it had been before. If Flork says these products will help the M&P, I certainly believe it and it might put me back in the market for one. The whole crew at GGI is a stand up bunch, and their workmanship is second to none. If Flork has a hand in these Apex products, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of them.

I purchased one of these last month. Shipped in 3 days, I had it in 7.

It is an excellent product, my trigger has a great feel and reset now, and for $30 too.

I recommend this to all M&P owners. The nice part is I still have my stock sear if I ever need it.

Thanks for your reply HTRN.

The next batch of Sears is on the UPS truck out for delivery today. As soon as they get in, they'll go through me for QA then get bagged up to ship out. The new Striker Block is just over a week from delivery as well.

Thanks.

Flork

Thanks for your reply HTRN.

The next batch of Sears is on the UPS truck out for delivery today. As soon as they get in, they'll go through me for QA then get bagged up to ship out. The new Striker Block is just over a week from delivery as well.

Thanks.

Flork

What is the advantage to your striker block?

Thanks!

The Apex Ultimate Drop in Striker Block will allow for the trigger to reset without being interfered with my the striker block, producing a smoother and snappier reset. The body of the Striker Block has been engineered to run smoothly inside the slide which will reduce friction for the initial uptake of the trigger.

For those of you on Facebook, Apex now has a page there so you can keep up to date with the latest news and see photos of our work. Our new web page is going to be up in the next couple of weeks.

Scott

Just installed an Apex sear in my M&P 9. The trigger is excellent with very little over travel. The trigger is still a little spongy, but I am convinced this is due to flex in the S&W trigger bar assembly. I couldn't measure the pull as my Lyman gauge is broken, but it feels less than 4 lbs. For me this is too light for carry, but a perfect match trigger. One problem is that the trgger return spring is so strong that it is difficult to tell when take up is over and you are actually pressing on the sear. After about 500 rounds of practice I am comfortable with this trigger, but a lighter trigger return spring might make the difference between take up and actual pressure on the sear more easy to detect. All in all, a great part, well worth the money.

The Sears arrived this morning. They're inspected, oiled, packaged and shipping today.

CIMG1585.jpg

After reading some of Gammon's old posts regarding his personal trigger work done to his m&p, and then his results with the apex sear, I went ahead and "pulled the trigger" on one [wink]

I've got a "free state" trigger return spring on back order as well. I don't have any means of measuring trigger pull, but I'll be sure to post how it feels. I may be able to borrow a force gauge from work after hours to check it out.

I might just have to pick up one of these sears to try out. I am not very pleased with the current trigger on my M&P. I did have it worked over by a smith, but I think it still needs work.

Flork, do you have an approximate price for your striker block yet?

Steve

Yes, we have a price for them, but out of respect for the moderators and owners of this thread I'm not going to post it without their authorization. Until then, I'm happy to PM anybody the retail price.

What I can tell you is that the Striker Block kit contains the Apex Ultimate Striker Block, Apex Striker Block Spring and a Talon Tactical Striker Block Plate Installation Tool. All for less than the price of the Apex Hard Sear.

Quick update for you guys.

Our web page is going to be experiencing "Minor Mechanical Failures" for the next few days. We're in the midst of upgrading our page from the 10 year old hand written code to modern architecture and a credit card processing company that isn't afraid to work with the gun industry.

Stay tuned, we've got more cool stuff coming.

Just got my Apex sear and popped it in. Pretty nice part and works as promised. Not a huge difference from the self-modified sear I had in there but definitely an improvement by a couple of felt pounds and shorter reset and zero over travel. I didn't think I did the greatest job on my sear but it seems it was better than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom