"dressy" looking brown gun belt

Greetings all,

I am currently in the market for a "dressy" looking brown gun belt. I have two belts currently, a black second skin belt from High Noon Holsters that works very well for IWB carry and blends in well with any clothing and a very sturdy rock steady brown belt also from High Noon. The rock steady belt works great when I'm wearing jeans or cargo shorts and am carrying both iwb or outside wb. If i'm wearing khakis or other dressier pants though the brown rock steady belt is a little too casual/rugged looking. Can anyone recommend a dressier looking brown gun belt? I have looked at the NRA store brown gun belts that I have a reinforcement layer in them, anyone have experience with these? Thanks a bunch.

~Josh

Last edited:
I have looked at the NRA store brown gun belts that I have a reinforcement layer in them, anyone have experience with these? Thanks a bunch.

If those are the 5.11 belts with the stiff plastic reinforcement, stay away from them. The inner layer BREAKS from the constant flexing of putting it on and taking it off. You might get 6 months out of it.

Go here: http://thebestbelt.com/ and order a belt. Take about 4-5 weeks but it's solid. They're super stiff at first but the tongue area DOES soften up in a week or so, making it easier to put on and take off. It's a good solid belt, though. Worth every penny.

I wear the same belt that Andy here on the board made for me for the last couple years. It dresses up real nice but its black.
Others have already made solid recommendations but you may be able to work with Langlois if I remember the name correctly.

I don't get what makes a belt a "gun belt".

I've seen and inspected tons of "gun belts" and they look identicle to regular belts I own. Doublt sticking, 1-2 layers, standard buckle. They just seem like more expensive standard belts you'd find at "dressier" stores like the Gentleman's Warehouse etc.

I don't get what makes a belt a "gun belt".

I've seen and inspected tons of "gun belts" and they look identicle to regular belts I own. Doublt sticking, 1-2 layers, standard buckle. They just seem like more expensive standard belts you'd find at "dressier" stores like the Gentleman's Warehouse etc.

Heavier and stiffer so your holster doesn't flop around.

What's your belt size? I bought one frmm Andy on here and forgot to mention that i needed it sized for IWB when i ordered so i havent used it all. Brand new. The belt is designed for 32 inches but there are a few holes above and below.

Back
Top Bottom