DPMS Upper question

Mike-Mike

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
I just ordered a DPMS upper that has no forward assist or brass deflector.

Where does the brass get thown? Forward? sideways? Back?

In other words I am a lefty will I eat the brass if I use this with an entry stock?

Thanks,

--Mike

I would assume its going out the side around 5:00. You may want to consider a brass deflector that bolts onto the flattop. I think they make ones that will send the brass down and forward towards a 2:00 position. This may be your best option if your shooting lefty.

I would assume its going out the side around 5:00. You may want to consider a brass deflector that bolts onto the flattop. I think they make ones that will send the brass down and forward towards a 2:00 position. This may be your best option if your shooting lefty.

Oh i feel better, I didn't know they made those. I just looked. Thanks.

In other words I am a lefty will I eat the brass if I use this with an entry stock?

Thanks,

--Mike

PM MetalgodZ or wait for him to find this thread. He has the same upper you ordered.

I shoot rifles lefty. The only time I ever had a problem was in the sevice.The m16 didn't have the brass deflector yet and if the brass bounced off something after it ejected it would often go down my shirt. Otherwise it wasn't an issue.

mine launches them about 5 yards, between 4 and 5 oclock. a lefty would catch them in the mouth if they shot it [wink]

jrbtzx12r said:
PM MetalgodZ or wait for him to find this thread. He has the same upper you ordered.
And it's finally shooting OK, too. [smile]
Mike-Mike said:
Mike-Mike said:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=519542

This is the one I ordered. BCG, upper, Charging handle, good reviews all for under 400 brand new...
Same upper as what comes on their "Sportical."
Mike-Mike said:
Yes. [laugh]
Mike-Mike said:
It's likely. It gets tossed back and out...Not really up or down, back and out.

If you have a place to shoot and still have my number in PM, give me a call and I'll bring mine out for you to try. It's got an A2 stock, but you can still get an idea of where the brass will go.
mine launches them about 5 yards, between 4 and 5 oclock. a lefty would catch them in the mouth if they shot it [wink]
Hrm... Well then, Mike... I'll bring the gun, you bring the band-aids and burn cream. ([thinking] THAT sounds bad. [laugh])

I have a DPMS LR308 and it has a flat side and I am a lefty and it throws then out at about 3 or 4 o'clock.. I have never been hit by any brass yet and I have tried many different loads.

Back
Top Bottom