Double Dutch Treat

The Goose

NES Member
My two new acquisitions. Both of Dutch origin and both chambered in 9.4 X 21mm.

The first is a 1873 Dutch Beaumont service revolver made by P. Stevens, Maastricht. It is in excellent condition with a perfect bore and tight lock up. Surprisingly this revolver was in service from 1873 until 1940. In 1908 they switched from an octagonal to a round barrel. It is a monster of a heavy revolver for a somewhat puny round.

Next is a smaller revolver sometimes referred to as a Kobold or Cobold. Also in 9.4 mm it is a beautiful revolver. The color case hardening on the frame is just gorgeous, the photos do not do it justice. It is also in excellent condition and functions perfectly. An odd feature is that if you twist the lanyard ring it locks up the action. The triggers on both of these revolvers are massively heavy and I suspect that any kind of accuracy will be difficult. Although Dutch it was made in Belgium. It has Belgian proofs and a triangle with LAM in it. That is the mark of Leopold Ancion Marx, Rue Grangagnage, 28-30 – Liège, Belgique. (1860-19..)
From the Littlegun website: "Standard Dutch service revolver issued to police, customs, tax collectors, bailiffs, some other government officers, as well as some members of the military"
Belgian gunmaking in the 19th century ranged from the worst to the best in the world. Leopold Ancion Marx represented some of the best.

I am in the process of making up some brass and have dies and a mold on order. Range report eventually.

Nice scores! Never seen anything like that Kobold- that's a gorgeous revolver.

Back
Top Bottom