• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dutch Guns of WW2

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

I'm thinking about buying two WW2 Dutch guns next year, the M95 Mannlicher in 6.5x53r and the FN 1910/22.

My local FFL has a 1910/22 for $500 with Waffenamts on the left side of the frame and slide (close to each other) and a A-prefix, either A10XXX or A01XXX, can't remember which. The mag release was extremely stiff, couldn't get it open with the slide closed just handling the gun. I'm going back to the store tomorrow and Friday (busy week!), so I can gather more information about this pistol. Hopefully the shop will let me take some pictures when I go back. The pistol's in overall nice shape with some holster wear. I'm curious if $400 would be a fair offer to make him for it and if what I'm seeing is correct.

My bigger question is about the M95. I know nothing about these rifles. Ammo appears to be insanely expensive at $72-140 p/box by Buffalo Arms, but is loaded with spizter bullets when most pictures I see of 6.5x53r are roundnosed bullets. I'm more interested in a long rifle than a carbine (I know from Forgotten Weapons that the Dutch had 31 different carbines). I'm looking for any and all info about these rifles and to know if anyone on here reloads for this cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom