• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doing a C&R transaction.

In terms of the Feds, just write the details in your A&D book.

And as was stated, if it can be fired then you have to indicate the transaction in the state portal, assuming you are in MA.

If it can’t be fired OR it is black powder, my understanding is that the transaction does not need to be added to the portal.

I can't tell you anything about Mass law, but I want to emphasize the important part of federal rules:

You don't use your C&R license. You are licensed, and must log all acquisitions & disposals of C&R firearms while licensed.

Note that it doesn't say anything about buying or selling. It doesn't matter if it was given to you for free, or if you gave it away for free. If you acquire it, or dispose of it, while you hold the license, then you must record it in your A&D log.

Yes, even if you dispose of something that you owned before being licensed.

I can't tell you anything about Mass law, but I want to emphasize the important part of federal rules:

You don't use your C&R license. You are licensed, and must log all acquisitions & disposals of C&R firearms while licensed.

Note that it doesn't say anything about buying or selling. It doesn't matter if it was given to you for free, or if you gave it away for free. If you acquire it, or dispose of it, while you hold the license, then you must record it in your A&D log.

Yes, even if you dispose of something that you owned before being licensed.

As I understand it, you are not required to enter guns into your bound book that you:

- got before you got licensed
or
- became C&R while you are licensed,

until you dispose of them (while you are licensed.)

I think you leave the left column blank when you dispose of them. (Or maybe put your own name?)

As I understand it, you are not required to enter guns into your bound book that you:

- got before you got licensed
or
- became C&R while you are licensed,

until you dispose of them (while you are licensed.)

I think you leave the left column blank when you dispose of them. (Or maybe put your own name?)
Yes, I didn't go into depth on that, but you're correct.

I put "acquired before licensed" on the left side.

Back
Top Bottom