Does this tick anyone else off?

Anyone else here get ticked off when they go to there favorite fishing spot only to find trash (IE fishing line, empty containers, ect.) littering the place?

I went to one of my spots today, only to find around 15 or so yards of line scattered around the place, an little plastic toy ( my cousin who is 7 prob droped it in by accident, but thats irrelivent.) empty plastic containers that once held worms, and 2 or 3 empty glass beer bottles in the water. Now, all this stuff wasnt there just 2 days before. To make matters worse, wile I was fishing, one of my brothers friends stoped buy, threw his line out a few times and when he didnt catch anything, threw some trash that was lieing around into the water...

Now, im not some super hippy, dont hurt the enviroment type person, But it just pisses me off to see shit like this.[angry] Does it bother anyone Else, or am I just alone in my own crazy little world?

Bugs me silly. I bring a trash bag and some gloves to a couple of spots I go to. What I loathe most is broken glass, in and around the water where my kids might like to hop in for a quick splash.

Reprehensible.

I agree,it seems to have gotten worse the past several years!
I hate goin' down to one of my favorite ole' spots on the rocks & find it infested w/ feces,trash,filleted Stripper racks (Shorts),floatsum & Non-English speaking poachers.[frown]

That's not the worse thing. I live right by the water and during the summer, alot of fishermen walk up the beach by our house a few hundred feet to a sandbar in Boston Harbor. They always park infront of our house and on many occassions I've seen them throw plastic bottles on the ground after using them instead of holding on to them and one time even chicken bones in styrofoam they were too lazy to keep in the car. Mix that with beer cans from kids who go out drinking in the same area and it leaves me slowly losing faith in humanity.

I have to be careful around several of my duck hunting spots because people leave those darn jelly worms with hooks in them on the shore. Dogs love to eat them.

nothing aggravates me more than someone who leaves their trash of any kind.

if you do that, you are a scum bag. plain and simple.

it irritates me as much as people tossing trash out the window of their car.

There's nothing worse than seeing the trailer trash go boating with a cooler and coming back with no empties. When I used to kayak on the Charles I would always end the day with a pile of cans I fished out of the water. It would actually be fun chasing them down in the faster waters. Once at the launch point a lady gave me the, "you must be drunk" look when she saw me putting a dozen beer cans in the trash. [smile]

nothing aggravates me more than someone who leaves their trash of any kind.

if you do that, you are a scum bag. plain and simple.

it irritates me as much as people tossing trash out the window of their car.

+1 It boggles my mind when I am deep in the woods and find misc trash. [angry]

i am always astonished at the amount of dumping going on too-- there is nothing like finding a stash of tires or an old dirty mattress out in the woods.

i saw one on the beach this morning. [puke]

better then stepping on a used syringe.[shocked]

Littering is gross, hell I don't even like people who are slobs..growing up I seen had such dirty rooms and houses...piles of dishes in the kitchen sink stacked* to the top...just gross.

When I go fishing I enjoy smoking cigarettes and I always make sure to throw the butt in my pocket when I'm finished..cigarette butts on the ground anywhere is a low down dirty shame.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom