Does anyone know if this is going to be Mass. Compliant - SigP226 Elite

Does anyone know if this new Sig is going to be sold in Ma.?

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/439107266

Thanks

JMJ

I wish that I had seen this two hours ago. Left the local gunstore at 1:30p as the new area Sig rep was showing our FFL some of the new Sigs (to include the Sig 1911 - NICE!). He said that a number of Sigs are in the process of being submitted (or whatever the process is) for Mass compliance. Hopefully the Elite will be in there. I think that Sig maybe trying to pick up market share here by getting most, if not all of their line approved.

Yeah I thought I'd go straight to the horse's mouth and I spoke with a SigArms' customer Rep. He said this version of the 226 is currently not Ma. Compliant and does not know if it will become approved or not.

Dont hold your breath, the sig gsr1911 has been out for over 2 years or more and still not sent for MA.testing. FS has a sig 1911 to look at but cannot sell it.

Dont hold your breath, the sig gsr1911 has been out for over 2 years or more and still not sent for MA.testing. FS has a sig 1911 to look at but cannot sell it.

Yeah, but that is because the original GSR is a steaming pile of dog
poop, and I think even SIGARMS realized this, and decided not to spend the
legal $$$$$ to grease the AG or whatever they do after they get it on
the list. at least that's my theory. Why invest in certifiying a gun
that they don't make anymore? (Functionally speaking, the new GSRs
out of exeter aren't even made with the same parts the original gun was
certified with, so therefore the old certification is worthless to sigarms at
this point.... )

-Mike

The GSR has been sent in for MA testing and is on the list. It was put on the list promptly after the GSR was released.
Sig is not providing a version that is compliant with the AGs regs, no hidden serial number and LCI. My take is that Sig is not interested in MA and providing anything more then their baseline models classic models which are still quite excellent.

JMJ,
Is there any difference between the Elite and a P226 other than the short reset trigger and the grips?

The 226 Elite also has a beavertail and supposedly has a relief cut under
the trigger guard so you can hold the gun a little bit higher.

The only hope is that SIGARMS produces enough of these and they start
selling like hotcakes, so they can justify selling MA versions. I'm not
holding my breath, however. Mainly because the extra cost of this
model will put SIGARMS in a reduced ROI position... and they wont be able
to justify the testing cost + notching barrels + adding the 2nd SN if theyre
only going to sell a small number of units here.

-Mike

Last edited:
..... and they wont be able
to justify the testing cost + notching barrels + adding the 2nd SN if theyre
only going to sell a small number of units here.

-Mike
They're already notching barrels for the other P226s and marking frames with the Secret Serial Number.
Doesn't seem like much of a stretch to add a few Elites to the mix.
I wonder if the Elite is already CA compliant.
Jack

They're already notching barrels for the other P226s and marking frames with the Secret Serial Number.
Doesn't seem like much of a stretch to add a few Elites to the mix.
I wonder if the Elite is already CA compliant.
Jack

I thought the barrel was different, but now looking at it, it appears to be
the normal length.

They'll still have to mark the frames though, as the frames are definitely not
standard P226 frames.

Still, though, I'll believe it when I see it. I guess I'm just an eternal
pessimist when it comes to MA compliance BS.

-Mike

Glue on a beavertail, the short reset mod will be available as an aftermarket mod, and change the grips. Presto, you have an Elite minus cocking serrations. I do like the beavertail...
You can have most anything here functionality wise, you just need to get crafty.

Glue on a beavertail, the short reset mod will be available as an aftermarket mod, and change the grips. Presto, you have an Elite minus cocking serrations. I do like the beavertail...
You can have most anything here functionality wise, you just need to get crafty.

Yeah, all at a price considerably more expensive than what the factory
model would have cost you. (I can't imagine an aftermarket sig trigger
kit being anywhere approaching inexpensive) The whole point of something
like this is to have a nice gun out of the box. If I wanted to modify up a P226
I'd just buy a P226-ST and send it to Bruce Gray to begin with.

This is like the whole DAK thing. Yes, you can get a DAK... for $1000 investment
total once you pay for the existing gun, DAK parts, and some guy to install
it.

-Mike

Last edited:
This is like the whole DAK thing. Yes, you can get a DAK... for $1000 investment
total once you pay for the existing gun, DAK parts, and some guy to install
it.

-Mike
A used 226ST is 699, the DAK conversion parts are $206, the only tool you need is a screw driver, hammer, and some punches. That is cheaper than the cost of a new 226 Elite, and you get a steel frame. I imagine the cost for the short reset conversion will be lower because fewer parts will be involved, but I could be wrong. You don't need "some guy", theoretically Sig manufactures consistently enough that all parts are drop in (thought some minor fitting may be required).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom