• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does anybody have AR BCGs in stock?

Staring at the bolt carrier group . The carrier doesn't seem like a real hard part to machine. The hardest part seems to be the gear/teeth on the side. If you where making a piston bolt Carrie you could just make it bolt on to save time on turning the od down. The bolt it self is another story in it self tho. That seems to be the hardest part. It just blows only a few people make these.

Agreed from a physical dimension standpoint it is not too tricky to machine the part, but then you factor in the Carpenter 158 material, the heat treat, the shot peen, mp/hp testing, then testing firing each bolt, etc., it really turns into a specialized process (if you want one that is made right)

So, the ones on rguns are good to go??

I am curious of the quality...

I ordered one of the standard BCGs directly from RGUNS but haven't gotten any updates yet. I was able to order a Nickel Boron coated BCG also from RGUNS from Aim Surplus and it came today. The quality looks decent. I won't be able to send any rounds down range with it for a while (which will be the real test) but on the surface it looks serviceable.

I need to see if I can just buy a bolt this week from them. I lucked out and can buy just the one piston part I needed from osprey bought a carbine kit But needed a midlenght .

Back
Top Bottom