Does anybody get Handloader Magazine?

I'm enjoying it. I started subscribing this year and took a one year subscription. I will
probably renew. A lot of old-timers trash it as "it's not what it used to be, etc., etc."
but I have liked the articles even though 90% of what is in the magazine will have little
to no applicability to anything I am doing at the moment. I guess I just like reading
about Handloading so I look forward to getting it in the mail...

I'm enjoying it. I started subscribing this year and took a one year subscription. I will
probably renew. A lot of old-timers trash it as "it's not what it used to be, etc., etc."
but I have liked the articles even though 90% of what is in the magazine will have little
to no applicability to anything I am doing at the moment. I guess I just like reading
about Handloading so I look forward to getting it in the mail...

It is the only mag of the 12+ that I subscribe to that I read cover to back page.

Thanks guys. I'm going to subscribe.

I just subscribed about a month ago, figured for the money and something different to read it has to be worth a try.

I subscribed to it in until about 1990 and then started buying it off the stands and was selective from then on.

At one time you could only get it by subscription.

I've been a subscriber since the early 1980s, I think. I actually find the modern issues a bit more interesting and useful than many of the older one, someone of which were into truly exotic rounds.

For me, one of the best of the contributors has been Ken Waters. So far as I know, he is still around, albeit not as often; after all, he's been doing it for 30+ years.

If nothing else, Handloader is my first source of intro regarding new components, especially powders, about which I'd have little way of knowing of their existence otherwise.

I, too, read it cover to cover, even including the Mike Something articles more or less limited to 19th Century blackpowder rifles (about which I could care less).

BIG GUN gave me some back issues a while ago and I just picked up the latest edition at Bass Pro. Subscription going in the mail in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom