• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does a basic firearms safety certificate expire?

I'm wondering does a basic firearms safety certificate expire at all? Its about to be 7 months old and I'm wondering if it expires?

In theory (read: to those of us not in a position of power to abuse our rights) no, it never expires. How will a licensing authority treat it? One way to find out!

There is no Law like LenS said but every town is different and some might prefer a more recent course. The best thing to do is ask your Issuing Officer.

I took the course when I was 19 and never got my FID. I decided 6-7 years later that I wanted my LTC so I talked to the Issuing Officer about it before applying. I told him I took the course a few years back and explained my experience with Firearms. He told me that I would need to take it again for him to feel comfortable giving me an unrestricted LTC.

When I asked the nice girl in somerville (jenn, I think her name was) she told me by law they don't expire and that somerville honors this law. My safety cert was over 2.5 years old...

It does expire in Watertown.

And that is why MA should get rid of the local PD discretion! Really how much has basic firearms safety changed? I wish Watertown would get a chief with balls and and go green. But then again Watertown is full of libtards...and that is why I got the he'll out of there!

Any one else have a problem with her statement?

No, we're all thankful for the largesse of the .gov. [laugh]

A while back Jim Wallace was at Southborough for a presentation on last year's gun law reforn. He said that a .gov official said to him, "I know of no law that would permit that." Apparently, many are confused as to how "Laws" work![rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom