• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you have 16" and standing room? You can reload. Lets see your small reloading set ups.

View attachment 342044My "normal" shit show of a reloading bench is only 30"wide with enough shelves under side to hold some stuff. I built it out of scrap plywood and recovered wood from construction sights.
There are plenty of plans for "reloading benches" like everyone has a 15' of wall space to put a bench. So lets see what others are doing for small area reloading set ups.

here is my small space "bench" which can go anywhere you have studs at 16" on center or anything to screw/bolt it to.

I will add my other "reloading" set ups and pictures as the weeks go on.

This video was made with a Gen1 Cannon Power Shot so the quality sucks.

The screws are mention are not maze but GRK-

I used 3" deck screws for the "bench"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xVEi3K7hE

Spax screws are nasty as well.

Cool, is that a finished bullet counter or something??? The digital thing with the 4 zeros.

I know its kind of a side conversation. But I've found that weighing ammo is a great way to "count" finished rounds.
The key is to find a unit that measures the weight of loaded ammunition in easy numbers to do in your head.

For my 147 gr loads it is 1/2 ounce per round. I set my postal scale to show oz and if its 50 oz, its 100 rounds.

For my 124 gr loads its 12 grams. So if its 1200 grams (1.200 kg) its 100 rounds.

To get a more accurate read I will actually count out 20 rounds and then divide to get a per round weight. You won't get accurate numbers if you just weigh one round and then multiply. Most scales aren't accurate enough. You need to do multiple rounds and then divide. I've found 20 rounds to be quick and accurate enough.

Then I add that weight into my reloading diary so I can reference it if I forget.

I know its kind of a side conversation. But I've found that weighing ammo is a great way to "count" finished rounds.
The key is to find a unit that measures the weight of loaded ammunition in easy numbers to do in your head.

For my 147 gr loads it is 1/2 ounce per round. I set my postal scale to show oz and if its 50 oz, its 100 rounds.

For my 124 gr loads its 12 grams. So if its 1200 grams (1.200 kg) its 100 rounds.

To get a more accurate read I will actually count out 20 rounds and then divide to get a per round weight. You won't get accurate numbers if you just weigh one round and then multiply. Most scales aren't accurate enough. You need to do multiple rounds and then divide. I've found 20 rounds to be quick and accurate enough.

Then I add that weight into my reloading diary so I can reference it if I forget.
Yeah you can average it out, works ok for close enough. I do that for spent brass when I sell it. So if 10 random cases weighs X I now X = aprox Y
Then I weigh it and toss in a few handfuls , I only sell to a few friends so its cheap enough if im off they cant complain

Cool, is that a finished bullet counter or something??? The digital thing with the 4 zeros.
Yes it is.... Every time the powder drop gets pushed up it activates a little switch that counts the rounds as they get powder. It also has a switch that I can click to decrease the counter if a round gets messed up, and then there is a switch that acts as a reset counter should I switch calibers and want to start at zero again. It's really awesome and helps me keep track of how many rounds I've made per caliber... I can show you closeups and pictures of the switches if you are interested.

Yes it is.... Every time the powder drop gets pushed up it activates a little switch that counts the rounds as they get powder. It also has a switch that I can click to decrease the counter if a round gets messed up, and then there is a switch that acts as a reset counter should I switch calibers and want to start at zero again. It's really awesome and helps me keep track of how many rounds I've made per caliber... I can show you closeups and pictures of the switches if you are interested.
Yes I'll be interested in the close up picture, that's awesome!!!

Same here. For shooting IDPA/USPSA i got tired of of stuffing my reloads into ammo boxes. Got a tool "sack" from home depot and weighed out 100/200/300 rounds. Time for a match, throw a bunch of ammo into sack and weigh it...good to go.

Eddie - do you inspect your ammo before a match?

I've found that every 300 or so rounds I end up with a round that has a bit of shaved lead or maybe a high primer. I don't inspect loaded rounds normally and I get some kind of ammo based malfunction every 2 or 3 range trips.

But if I visually inspect the rounds for shaved lead or high primers, my ammo has run without a single failure in many many years. So I obviously inspect my match rounds.

Don

p.s. I don't bother plunk testing anymore since I started using a lee factory crimp die, which is really a full length post sizing die. Accuracy does suffer a bit with it, but Its worth it for most uses.

View attachment 346929View attachment 346930

The shelving was leftover from a project at the house. Counter top was scrap from work. Base cabinet was from work also. Company delivered the wrong size and told us to keep it. After a couple of years of tripping over it, I asked my supervisor if I could take it and he said yes please, lol. File cabs were all given away to me. That stool was given to me.

Think the only thing I paid for was the pegboard, the luaun backer for the shelves and the plastic shelving unit in the back left which was slightly damaged and sold to me for half off. Even that cup full of toothbrushes were free. I've gotten them all from vacant apartments. People always leave them for some reason. (Toothbrushes, brooms and dishwashing liquid. I havent bought dishwashing liquid in years lol)
LMAO ... This looks almost identical to my space except I have a Hornady LnL on the left and an RCBS Rockchucker on the right. My dehumidifier is also on the left hand side not the right. One advantage I have is a small flat screen TV with a Firestick attached to the left in front of the dehumidifier.

Back
Top Bottom