• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you have 16" and standing room? You can reload. Lets see your small reloading set ups.

View attachment 353343

Way less than 16 inches... I can make 30/30 pretty quickly and pretty much anywhere!
I have some of those in various cals.
When i was a kid , after breakfast at the club. We would mine the range for bullets. Just picking them up off the ground.
After filling the pan my dad would smelt them down on the tail gate with the coleman stove cast some 38s. We would hand lube with johnsons paste wax. Then we started loading. We (kids) got to shoot 1 round for every 5 we made.
The things you do as kids!

I have a little more than 16". The bench I bought to use in my apartment. When I bought my house this room was in the basement so I added my bench to it.

I had some free time the last 1 1/2 months so it got a little cleaning.

piNaMrD.jpg

nGXs5VY.jpg

@Billbo606 I bought a lee classic turret 4 hole,

found a grinder bench from harbor freight,
bought a cobalt drill bit 5/16th, screwed it down.

i have some extra holes that were originally i will one day turn into a brass and bullet holder via inline fabrication.
View attachment 346477

underneath i tucked a tumbler underneath Amazon product ASIN B07DMFL38SView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DMFL38S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View attachment 346478
how did that tumbler work

Sorry but every time I see your thread's title, "Do you have 16" and standing room", I am reminded of the old joke: She asked me to give her 12" (16") so I f****d her 3 (4) times. [laugh]

how did that tumbler work
The tumbler works great. Sure it does not hold as much as others, but it is sweet. Run it with some large SS pins and poof, clean brass. As you can see it packs away when not needed. It is everything a small reloader could want.

Guess the larger one is in stock now.

I have been thinking about grabbing one of these at Lowes or HD (both sell them).

Mounting a press with a mount so I can open it. I like that it has a key, so I can lock all the powder and primers.

What do you think?

SmartSelect_20200508-224257_Chrome.jpg

@Broccoli Iglesias where did you find that and how much is it?
I first saw it at Lowes, then I looked online and saw that HD also sells them. It is not in the tool section, you have to go where the metal shelves and boxes/moving materials are. They have a few other storage cabinets as well.

The price is $187. It is all metal.

I first saw it at Lowes, then I looked online and saw that HD also sells them. It is not in the tool section, you have to go where the metal shelves and boxes/moving materials are. They have a few other storage cabinets as well.

The price is $187. It is all metal.
I would look around for a something similar for free.
Cabinets like that will be light and your most likely going to need to bolt it to a wall to keep it steady. make sure the hieght is right also.

Last edited:
I would look around for a something similar for free.
Cabinets like that will be light and your most likely going to need to bolt it to a wall to keep it steady. make sure the hieght is right also.
I thought about the weight. Just like my current bench, I will be putting a lot of weight under it. I have a few ammo boxes filled with brass, bullets, all the dies, cleaning supplies, powder... under my bench right now, I have over 100lbs of stuff. I think the bullets alone weight around 90lbs.

I thought about the weight. Just like my current bench, I will be putting a lot of weight under it. I have a few ammo boxes filled with brass, bullets, all the dies, cleaning supplies, powder... under my bench right now, I have over 100lbs of stuff. I think the bullets alone weight around 90lbs.
i was at lowes today getting some basket liners , looked at that cabinet.
If you like it buy it. For me though I would hunt down something for free road side.
Every cabinet in my basement was free. File cabnets, locking steel ones. Theres alot of stuff road side last few weeks.
I have been looking in all the roll off dumpsters everywhere around me.
Some good wood so far and almost had a stove until they found out it works.
A few small tool boxes and small parts bins today.

Dont have any video but Im in the space formerly occupied by the oil tank in my basement. My bench is a 27" sink base cabinet with a maybe 4' length of countertop on top. Quite a bit of real estate compared to some. The Lee bench plate helps to gain some open space when Im not using the single stage.

I have a couple of Lee plastic powder drops dedicated to plinking loads in a couple of calibers. I have them screwed to each end of a scrap of 2x4 and when in use, the 2x4 is clamped in a bench vise. When Im done, its unclamped and put away. Also have a Hornady powder drop mounted on a bracket thats screwed to a piece of 5/4 PT which is clamped to the bench when in use and put aside when its not. My Tri-Way trimmers get mounted on an old blower motor which again gets clamped down when being used and otherwise is up on a shelf. Casting equipment is stored in a storage tub and set up on a fold up workmate bench when in use.

Nothing mind-blowing here, but the basic premise is everything is mounted on something that allows me to secure it in place when in use and store it out of the way when Im done using it, rather than it permanently taking up valuable space.
I've been using a Lee powder drop for a few months. It's quite accurate with certain powders (bullseye and 2400 are best and I use those powders 90% of the time) and at only $25 I've been toying with the idea of buying 2 more and having them pre set for powder and drop weights so I spend less time re adjusting between different recipes and calibers. I use 4.7 bullseye alot so figure I can leave that set up and buy 2 more and have them pre set for 12.7 2400 and 3.5 bullseye and those 3 would cover about 3/4 of the loads I make. And buy a 4th one that I can leave open to adjust powder charges for small batches and testing. $75 total and I'd be way more efficient.

My little baby is growing into a teenager. It now has a primer feeder and a powder dispenser. In addition i have a tray and another inline bullet trays that will stick out on the right for the bullets. Its growing arms hehe. I wonder if i have the weirdest reloading bench ever
View attachment 381512
Not even close, i know a older timer who has a stand like yours , welded a wheel hub/assebly to a 2' square X 1" thick plate to it and has multiple threaded mount holes and just spins it around use something else. Lives in a housing project with very little space.

View attachment 346929View attachment 346930

The shelving was leftover from a project at the house. Counter top was scrap from work. Base cabinet was from work also. Company delivered the wrong size and told us to keep it. After a couple of years of tripping over it, I asked my supervisor if I could take it and he said yes please, lol. File cabs were all given away to me. That stool was given to me.

Think the only thing I paid for was the pegboard, the luaun backer for the shelves and the plastic shelving unit in the back left which was slightly damaged and sold to me for half off. Even that cup full of toothbrushes were free. I've gotten them all from vacant apartments. People always leave them for some reason. (Toothbrushes, brooms and dishwashing liquid. I havent bought dishwashing liquid in years lol)
A reloader who knows the best tools
E4738E89-5EEE-45B5-906A-833642BF8E3C.jpeg

A reloader who knows the best tools
View attachment 381618
So it was you who won the CMP surplus teethbrushes!

Way less than 16 inches... I can make 30/30 pretty quickly and pretty much anywhere!
that's like the food stamps of reloading! and i can talk cause i had one in 30 carbine way back in the day.
It is complete!!!

I think i shall dub it Claus. because of the red, green and white colorations. In addition everytime you spend time with it. It gives you range presents. ;) View attachment 381787
pretty nice set up for limited space. [thumbsup]

when i bought my first press, a rcbs rc jr. in '74, i bolted it to the cellar steps. press was about chest height, i had to load standing up. my powder dump was on the next step down. the loading block one step lower. but i managed for a couple of years until i got a dedicated space. where there's a will...you know the rest. oh, still have all my equipment from the old days, still use it. only addition was a progressive press i've had 35 years now.

Back
Top Bottom