• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do I have an HVAC issue or an electrical issue ?

I was responsible for 12 separate systems in one single family house in MA with 3 boilers. A total of 9 in another on the cape with 2 boilers plus a bunch of smaller “normal” systems in smaller houses all owned privately by one family.

I’m pretty sure I know my way around the block between them. 😂
240v air handlers are a thing, depends on what they want to do with the blower motor…..they do all sorts of crazy stuff now, efficiency and all!!

During kung flu, hvac shit was hard to get. My friends hvac company, all they could get for residential shit was 240v air handlers….they could have been 120, but 240 was all they could get…..and not the type you can easily convert voltages.

There’s nothing wrong with them other than you then need a separate 120v circuit for a service outlet…..and multi wire circuits in a residential application, although technically kosher, is definitely poor form.

(not a lawyer)
I'm going to guess electrical within the HVAC.
I've gone through 2 contactors in 12 years at my house.
Clean up / replace the contactor / wires / connections and I bet it will run better.
oh yea, and capacitors go bad in these things even more than contactors.
( I know nothing about electricity besides it can hurt you)
Amazon product ASIN B0195UUDAM
View: https://www.amazon.com/Carrier-Replacement-Condenser-Contactor-HN51KC024/dp/B0195UUDAM/ref=asc_df_B0195UUDAM?tag=bngsmtphsnus-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80608063550961&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584207590256788&psc=1
+1 on the capacitors, which is what likely is the issue in your case (also called condensors if you're over 70)

Back
Top Bottom