Do Bore Laser Site Aligners Work?

Hi, I have a new S&W Model 617, 22LR, 4in barrel and bought a Weaver Mount and Red Dot Scope. Question: Should I buy a "bore laser site aligner" that inserts into muzzle and projects a beam to help me align the red dot scope? I plan on indoor shooting only up to 50ft. Do these things really work for $40?

The laser bore sight only made sense to me when the ammo I saved by getting on paper with the first shot was going to pay for the laser eventually. $40 takes a long time to get to shooting 22. Federal 308 175 gr Gold Medal Match adds up much quicker!

yup they work

They do work, it will as mentioned get you on the paper, in some
cases on the black. You'll have to fine tune it for you way of shooting. It does save a lot of time and ammo.

JimB

I've mounted dot sights on perhaps a dozen pistols for Bullseye shooting over the years and I've never felt the need for anything to help me get them sighted in. I just start close enough to the target to make sure I can get a couple shots on the paper, then make the appropriate adjustments and move back to the 50' line to fine-tune. I'd recommend saving the $40 and investing it in more ammo to practice with.

Back
Top Bottom