• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Disney’s Soul movie

My son wanted to watch it tonight. It was ok. New age pop psychology weaved into a virtue signaling Disney movie. It was predictable.

Trent Reznor did soundtrack. Fun fact

Subliminal cannot be conveyed. It is subliminal.

It was a picture of a clinical depression that resulted with a conclusion that whole life is essentially meaningless and ends with a conveyor belt into recycling dumpster. On a Christmas Day.

I was still hoping to see that a teacher will get back to his pupils, as the only passion of his life - music - was rendered into shit, but, no. Anyway. Whatever.

Scenes with lost souls were straight from the Pink Floyd wall. Why and what for? In the PG movie?
Dude, are you one of those that gets upset at the color of a box, or the image of a Native American on a box of butter?

Because it sounds like you are.

If I got any meaning out of it, is that people are too busy dealing with stupid daily bullsh*t that is not worth a single f*ck and they forget to live life. By the time they realize it, it is too late.

If I got any meaning out of it, os that people are too busy dealing with stupid daily bullsh*t that is not worth a single f*ck and they forget to live life. By the time they realize it, it is too late.
dude, you`ve got what you`ve got. good for you.

Disney's main concern with any current production, "Will it pay in China?"

U626VBU.png

🐯
Mickey is gangster

View: https://youtu.be/vzklw7JtA9o

Headed down the Denny Elfman trail? (Denny? Danny? Oingo Boingo.)

Danny. It's Danny! Boingo rulez.

And? Another fun fact: Reznor's been doing this for years. He won an Oscar for it, in fact, which Elfman hasn't done.

OP, I don't see the point of ranting about this without clearly defining what happens in the movie. That just has the effect of making people curious to go see it, which is the opposite of what you want. Right?

OP, I don't see the point of ranting about this without clearly defining what happens in the movie. That just has the effect of making people curious to go see it, which is the opposite of what you want. Right?
i ain`t bitching. :) or may be i am. dunno.
i only stated my original displease with the fact that we all expected to see something nice PG rated about music and jazz and have received some perverted peyote dream instead.
but, it is what it is, hell with it. i do not object people watching it, at all, it is a free country.

Are there really suck things as Cars Holocaust Deniers? Why is everyone so wrapped up in Cars Hitler?

Because it's like Jesus - iconic figures resonate across "universes," be they Disney, comic book, or what have you.

I forget where I read it, but somewhere I read that in the insect universe, Bug Jesus died on a very small, complicated cross. And they were not even factoring in the issues of a Centipede Jesus.....

Danny. It's Danny! Boingo rulez.

And? Another fun fact: Reznor's been doing this for years. He won an Oscar for it, in fact, which Elfman hasn't done.

This thread is why I watched the movie. The animation and music was amazing 10/10. The movie itself maybe a 8/10

OP is like the girl on facebook that posts that she’s having a bad day. When somebody asks why, she says she doesn’t want to talk about it. Ok

Offended? No.
And, it had no central message. It had a stream of a very disturbed consciousness with very disturbing subliminal messages.

Watched it. Thought it was brilliant. A little heavy for a Disney movie but whatevs.

The moral of the story is life is worth living and don't wait for those big moments. Life is happening now. And you need to live it. Before you get to the Great Beyond.

Back
Top Bottom