Dillon Square Deal - Why not

The 550 is probably going to be much easier to load lots of ammo on, especially with a aluminum roller handle.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

It's much harder to accidentally double charge on a 650 or L-N-L than it is on a 550.

This is true, but in some calibers, like 9mm, and .45, the only way you can pull that off is total birdbrain stuff, although it behooves anyone loading any deep cases on a 550 to do so with an extra level of care...

-Mike

I think I saw DIY case feeders online for the SDB If you can figure that out I would go for it. To me the case feeder is worth it's weight in gold. A 650 with Case feeder is probably double the cost of the SDB

It's much harder to accidentally double charge on a 650 or L-N-L than it is on a 550.

The reason why I stated "for my personal use". I reload 9mm, 40, 5.56, and 38 short Colt. A double charge would mean a clean up

EDT: post sounded unintentionally douchy.... You are exactly correct. If you are going to use a 550b for high volume cases with small amounts of powder, be very very careful

Last edited:
Personally when I move up, I wouldn't bother with a 550. I don't want to manually index and I want a good case feeder at that point which means the 650. I'd like to get a 650 dedicated for my 223 reloading.

I don't see ever replacing the SD I use for 9mm. It's just too easy to use and effective. I can reload 600rds an hour comfortably if I preload primer tubes. I usually shoot 200rds a week, so it's more than adequate to keep up with my habit. The only issues I've ever had are self inflicted. Occasionally I'll forget to dump the primer catch cup and I get a backup of spent primers. The second issue is those damn 380AUTO shells sneaking through once in a while [grin].

Back
Top Bottom