Dillon 650 primer wheel failure

So my 650 decided to crap out tonight. [sad][frown]The primer wheel reset thingy no longer functions. It advances the wheel, but does not reset, and so the wheel retreats, and when it does reset, it does not align with the primer inserter, so you cannot move the handle forward to prime a case. Anyone have this happen? Before this happened, it bound up when I had the ram on the upstroke (handle on downstroke) see pics.

Is it the spring? Does this look normal? I yelled at it and that didn't work, so I am out of ideas.

unnamed-1.jpg unnamed.jpg

Probably a dumb question but did you disassemble the priming system and thoroughly clean it?

All I can offer. I run a RL550B, but no experience with the 650, from the pics it looks like they don't share the same priming system.

Obviously Dillon will make it right.

Good luck.

Here's how it's supposed to look:

650primer.jpg

You torqued it.

Darren, you might have one in the spare parts that came with the press. I had an extra with mine.

So I took apart the primer assembly, and found a primer had jammed in the primer magaizine where it enteres the primer wheel. This apparently was the cause of the initial bind-up. I cleared that, and bend the index arm back straight, but I still cannot get it to work. It retreats ever so slightly on the upstroke. maybe cause the spring is sill bent?

Hopefully the replacement parts from dillon will fix it.

Also, is this normnal for the failsafe arm, or did this get bent during my move?
unnamed-1.jpg unnamed.jpg

It's tough to get that primer index arm back to within spec. Probably would take a lot of trial and error.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ok, new problem. Cases suddely stopped feeding. The case bushing holder does not rotate enough to drop the case onto the feed ramp. It is off by ~1-3mm, just enough for it keep the case from dropping (although it tries). How is this adjusted? Thanks.

edit- fixed problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom