Dillon 550B is here , pics

The FedEx truck brought me a couple boxes from Dillon this afternoon

Set up was pretty easy, made five 45acp rounds so far.

I wish the powder bar had indicators on it, but i it got to 5.5 gr in 3 trys. The Dillon ballance beam scale is very nice, never wanna see that Lee scale again.

Gotta go shoot some ammo up to get some unprimed brass, to be sure the primer system works, though a primer is there and ready. The pickup tub and flip tray goes pretty fast.

I think i will be real pleased with this press

dillon550b-1.jpg

dillon550b-2.jpg

bench-3.jpg

dillonlee.jpg

You made a good choice with the 550B. Been using one for nine years now and it will churn out lots of ammo quickly. Not unusual to do 1000 rds of pistol ammo in an evening.

Get a few extra primer tubes (both sizes) and tool heads to set up your dies. Also get yourself a bunch of those plastic bins. You'll find that you will never have enough of them.

You made a good choice with the 550B. Been using one for nine years now and it will churn out lots of ammo quickly. Not unusual to do 1000 rds of pistol ammo in an evening.

Get a few extra primer tubes (both sizes) and tool heads to set up your dies. Also get yourself a bunch of those plastic bins. You'll find that you will never have enough of them.

I got the 4 pack (2 large 2 small) pickup tubes and the flip tray.

will get more tool heads and powder dies, cal conv kits etc to set up my other dies later on. But for now i mostly shoot 45ACP, so that will keep me busy for a while [grin]

There's NOTHING like a Dillon. My XL650 is now two years old. It's loaded 2K rounds of .45ACP, 2K rounds of .40 S&W, and 3K rounds of .223 REM. You're going to love it..and you'll start getting those "cool" catalogs monthly with some good articles. [grin]

Made 100 rounds of 45acp tonight, getting the hang of it, it goes pretty fast. I use a bright desk lamp so i can look at the powder charge just before i place the bullet

Only one missed primer and had to use my bullet puller. i am starting to get the rhythm

so sweet to make a round every pull of the lever

I've had two 550's for awhile now. One setup for large primers and one for small primers. Very please with them. I was out in Arizona a few years back. I went to visit Dillon's.
Don't be mislead by their advertising in the catalogs. There was not a single Dillon girl in the place.[sad2] A bunch of guys that seemed to know their stuff. But no Dillon girls.[laugh]

nice color

Nice press. Next time you order get the spare parts for $20.

The parts are warranted, and will take about 5 or 6 days to get
to you. with the spare parts kit you can keep reloading.

JimB

I've had two 550's for awhile now. One setup for large primers and one for small primers. Very please with them. I was out in Arizona a few years back. I went to visit Dillon's.
Don't be mislead by their advertising in the catalogs. There was not a single Dillon girl in the place.[sad2] A bunch of guys that seemed to know their stuff. But no Dillon girls.[laugh]

They must keep them in storage until calender shoot time.

Once you get the powder bar set you won't have to change it. I have a measure for each caliber so even when the loads change it is only a few tries to get the bar dialed in. You will get used to it quickly.

loaded 600 on it now, awesome machine

the last 100 only took 34 mins and i was taking my time and had to reload primers and the pickup tube

That is about my speed as i look at the powder level in station 3 before i set the bullet.

Here's my reloading set-up. Note the overbuilt bench (not originally for reloading, but good to have) and the double 12" x 12" 3/4 plywood over the bench top for the 550 to bolt solidly to. Thanks to all the NES guys who helped me get started in reloading.

DSC_4760.JPG

Here's my reloading set-up. Note the overbuilt bench (not originally for reloading, but good to have) and the double 12" x 12" 3/4 plywood over the bench top for the 550 to bolt solidly to. Thanks to all the NES guys who helped me get started in reloading.

nice setup

Added some electronic scales, the plastic cover s back ordered

DillonScales.jpg

and a new tool chest to store the small tools and goodies

bench10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom