• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did he just label all gun owners as cop-killers!?

watching the speech from PA. Lie after lie followed by a claim that people who want 2A are cop-killers. First he lies about not being able to buy a machine-gun. Then he lies that one can't buy a cannon. And as a cherry on top, he turns to the people behind him and says that the gun owners want rifles to kill police and "Mom Demand Actions" activists. How is this not the news!? He just labels law-abiding Americans as killers!

More children killed by guns. Total BS. They changed the age from 18 to 21. Put the age of "children" back to 18 or below and that statement is patently false and a bold lie. Lots of 19, 20, 21 year old gang bangers (of all races and colors) included to make his statement accurate

It is news. The American people aren't as dumb as CNN and MSNBC want you to believe. Again, outside of The View, the viewership for any liberal media has been tanking for years. Without Trump-whining, they have NO viewership.

60 days out, I'm still thinking a massive ass-kicking is going to occur at teh polls.

watching the speech from PA. Lie after lie followed by a claim that people who want 2A are cop-killers. First he lies about not being able to buy a machine-gun. Then he lies that one can't buy a cannon. And as a cherry on top, he turns to the people behind him and says that the gun owners want rifles to kill police and "Mom Demand Actions" activists. How is this not the news!? He just labels law-abiding Americans as killers!

Was there anything he said that wasn't a flat out lie ?

It is news. The American people aren't as dumb as CNN and MSNBC want you to believe. Again, outside of The View, the viewership for any liberal media has been tanking for years. Without Trump-whining, they have NO viewership.

60 days out, I'm still thinking a massive ass-kicking is going to occur at teh polls.
The problem is that the GOP is really failing to present a clear and inspiring alternative.

Last I checked the GOP has been slowly losing points in polls the last few months, getting close to toss-up territory when they would have a red wave if they had a coherent and appealing platform.

It’s their race to lose with how god awful the Biden admin had been, and they very well may do just that.

They loved his speech they cheered and clapped. This should worry us. These are the voters that will end up taking down the country and there are many of them.
Dude, a little common sense, please. You don’t think for a second that there’s even a single person in that room that isn’t vetted to the Nth degree. You don’t believe that a single dissenter would possibly make it to one of those speeches. Smoke and mirrors, man, smoke and mirrors.

They loved his speech they cheered and clapped. This should worry us. These are the voters that will end up taking down the country and there are many of them.
That's why I moved to one of the most conservative spots in the country I could.

In 2020/2021 I didn't feel safe anymore. I had no doubt that if the locals could get away with it they'd have me taken care of if they found out I didn't agree with them politically. One of the lowest points in my life. Disgusting.

And there were protesters outside with bullhorns blasting Dementia Joe and his Quislings. Standard Leftists BS, they're desperate and backed into a corner. Joe did his job, defeating Trump with a lot of help from his friends and now he's just baggage. The Leftist policies the mean girls demanded he support have backfired and now Dementia Joe is left holding the bag. They have nothing positive to run on so it's all divisive anti-Trump, anti-MAGA BS. Don't you love them trying to blame Trump for the school closures now that data has come out showing how the lockdowns negatively affected kids learning in math and reading and social skills.

And there were protesters outside with bullhorns blasting Dementia Joe and his Quislings. Standard Leftists BS, they're desperate and backed into a corner. Joe did his job, defeating Trump with a lot of help from his friends and now he's just baggage. The Leftist policies the mean girls demanded he support have backfired and now Dementia Joe is left holding the bag. They have nothing positive to run on so it's all divisive anti-Trump, anti-MAGA BS. Don't you love them trying to blame Trump for the school closures now that data has come out showing how the lockdowns negatively affected kids learning in math and reading and social skills.

That’s why they are buying votes.

Dems will get rid of him as soon as he has been in just over two to make camala the first female.

watching the speech from PA. Lie after lie followed by a claim that people who want 2A are cop-killers. First he lies about not being able to buy a machine-gun. Then he lies that one can't buy a cannon.
Why would you care if he lies about that?

I think those are good lies, makes it harder to turn around later on and say "we are banning the purchase of machine guns".

Out of everything to complain about him, that is what you pick? ... LOL.

By the way, take a look at how many people came to see his speech. With media folks aside, there were barely 100 people! Trump used to pack stadiums!
it doesn't matter how many are in the stands, the MSM picks it up and broadcasts it to their brain dead viewers.

Here's the official transcript. There's a lot of stupid in there, and yes, what he said could be interpreted that way.

And for those brave, right-wing Americans who say it’s all about keeping America — keeping America as independent and safe: If you want to fight against a country, you need an F-15. You need something a little more than a gun. (Laughter.) No, I’m not joking. Think about this. Think about the rationale we use — that’s used to provide this. And who are they shooting at? They’re shooting at these guys behind me.

Among the other false claims he made:
"more police officer are killed dealing with domestic violence than anything else" Nope. The number one cause of death of on-duty officers are traffic related incidents. Domestic Violence is the leading category in Calls for Service, but that's in part because it's one of the most common calls for service.

"Mass shootings in America tripled.” Only by cherry picking the definition. Nor did mass shootings with scary-looking rifles triple.

"Right now, you can’t go on and buy an automatic weapon. You can’t go out and buy a cannon."
I'd have to do a lot of paperwork and spend too much money, but I could buy either. Even the Washington Post gives the latter claim Four Pinocchios.

"Do you realize the bullet out of an AR-15 travels five times as rapidly as a bullet shot out of any other gun, five times — is lighter — and can pierce Kevlar?"
Five times? Nope. Pierce Kevlar? Sure, but is there any modern centerfire rifle round which can't?

"But just cross the state line and go buy it next door, bring it across the state line."
That's already a federal felony, Joe.

The one thing the Republicans gotta do is distance themselves from pro life campaigns and legislation, encourage their cohorts to do same.

That's probably the #1 thing they have done to hurt themselves lately. And pro choice to many women is like 2A to us.

A Republican can remain eligible for those swing votes and conservative votes by saying "As a Christian, I think abortion is wrong but it's settled law and a choice I support women having".

The one thing the Republicans gotta do is distance themselves from pro life campaigns and legislation, encourage their cohorts to do same.

That's probably the #1 thing they have done to hurt themselves lately. And pro choice to many women is like 2A to us.

A Republican can remain eligible for those swing votes and conservative votes by saying "As a Christian, I think abortion is wrong but it's settled law and a choice I support women having".
On a national level, the logical thing to do is just dodge the issue for the most part, besides whatever obligatory statement is needed for getting elected.

It’s a state issue now, so leave that for the state reps and governors.

IMO most states are going to take a moderate European style approach and ban it after roughly the 1st trimester, while a few of the most conservative states may go for near full bans.

…Europe actually had this debate ~50 years ago, while america just rammed the most radical pro-abortion rules possible through a BS scotus decision instead of having a dialogue and voting on it.

America needs to do this now, but at the state level.

On a national level, the logical thing to do is just dodge the issue for the most part, besides whatever obligatory statement is needed for getting elected.

It’s a state issue now, so leave that for the state reps and governors.

IMO most states are going to take a moderate European style approach and ban it after roughly the 1st trimester, while a few of the most conservative states may go for near full bans.

…Europe actually had this debate ~50 years ago, while america just rammed the most radical pro-abortion rules possible through a BS scotus decision instead of having a dialogue and voting on it.

America needs to do this now, but at the state level.

Sure - dodging is OK, being pro life isn't dodging. Ie..

Granted he does some dodging, but not nearly enough - even signed a bill recently. He could've/should've left the issue alone. It's ok to push it off to the state level, but harmful if you plan to make an attempt at POTUS.

Trump made the same sorta mistakes, but the next Republican with a serious shot at president will probably not get away with what Trump did as easily.

More children killed by guns. Total BS. They changed the age from 18 to 21. Put the age of "children" back to 18 or below and that statement is patently false and a bold lie. Lots of Mostly 19, 20, 21 year old gang bangers (of all races and colors) included to make his statement accurate
Let me fix that for you.

Back
Top Bottom