• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DHS Files Rule Proposing Increasing Scope of Biometric Information Collection

The rule, which is more than 300 pages long, proposes six major changes that would increase the amount of biometric information U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement can collect.

As a native born American this doesn't apply to me. Nevertheless, I don't like the idea of the gov't having more data on people.

Wow.
Almost doubling their database from 3.9m to 6m.
And increasing their collection rate to 7 out of 10.
It could be worse though, at least they are only using this data to enrich the lives of the people they are harvesting it from. Wink

As a native born American this doesn't apply to me. Nevertheless, I don't like the idea of the gov't having more data on people.
They'd get us all
The language of the rule leaves room more purposes, too: It says biometric collection should be authorized for “other functions related to administering and enforcing the immigration and naturalization laws.”
If immigrants justify all this why have immigration? Mow your own lawns.

I've been in the military in the last 10 years...i'm pretty sure they have everything the need on me already. for all i know i have a chip in my ass from that big 'peanut butter' shot they give you your first week on parris island.

But I guarantee they have my retina/dna/fingerprints on file

Not sure why anyone would really object to them doing this to "immigrants"....illegal or not.....
Also to verify the alleged "family" relationships for people claiming to be related when they actually aren't. Especially the kids coming over the border. And those claiming asylum and refugee status.

Not sure why anyone would really object to them doing this to "immigrants"....illegal or not.....
Starts with them, continues to everyone. That said I don't think this genie is going back in the bottle.
Also to verify the alleged "family" relationships for people claiming to be related when they actually aren't. Especially the kids coming over the border. And those claiming asylum and refugee status.
Or just don't let any of them in, including the kids paying full price at American colleges.

Coming soon to a brick and mortar near you! One step closer to controlled access.

"Jul. 13—"It is one tool that is used in conjunction with traditional store video surveillance to help deter organized retail theft at the store level," said Karen O'Shea, a spokeswoman in ShopRite's corporate office in New Jersey. "And like so many other retailers nationwide that are using video surveillance tools today, many ShopRite stores are beginning to implement biometric technology."

O'Shea said the chain's stores "that have implemented biometric software are using facial recognition, not voice recognition or retinal scanning." O'Shea did not say how many ShopRite stores are using the biometric software.

O'Shea said that ShopRite stores in Connecticut that use the technology want to be in compliance with the Connecticut Data Privacy Act. Biometric identifiers can include facial and voice recognition as well as retina scanning*."

*Hello, Minority Report!

Pretty soon they will be going door to door gathering cheek swabs for their database.
as long as every single gov agency operates with a presumption for an every person to be a felon in waiting and a potential terrorist unless proven innocent - it is how it will progress and be enforced. they are and will keep working hard on keeping country safe from its people, until no people are left.

Coming soon to a brick and mortar near you! One step closer to controlled access.

"Jul. 13—"It is one tool that is used in conjunction with traditional store video surveillance to help deter organized retail theft at the store level," said Karen O'Shea, a spokeswoman in ShopRite's corporate office in New Jersey. "And like so many other retailers nationwide that are using video surveillance tools today, many ShopRite stores are beginning to implement biometric technology."

O'Shea said the chain's stores "that have implemented biometric software are using facial recognition, not voice recognition or retinal scanning." O'Shea did not say how many ShopRite stores are using the biometric software.

O'Shea said that ShopRite stores in Connecticut that use the technology want to be in compliance with the Connecticut Data Privacy Act. Biometric identifiers can include facial and voice recognition as well as retina scanning*."

*Hello, Minority Report!
If they use RFID price tags, they can up the prices based on who is walking down the aisle.

How long until I have to give a cheek swab for my next renewal?

DHS is serious. [rofl]

Immigration and Customs Enforcement failed to deliver immigration court summonses to more than 80% of illegal immigrants caught and released under the Biden administration’s “parole” program just before the end of the Title 42 pandemic border policy, according to statistics that the government submitted to a federal judge.

The migrants were released on “parole” and given 60 days to check in with ICE.

More than 40% of the migrants never checked in at all. Of the rest, ICE failed to issue a notice to appear — the immigration summons — in more than two-thirds of the cases.

That works out to a success rate of just 18% for the test population.

District Judge T. Kent Wetherell said the poor rate confirmed his earlier ruling that parole was an ineffective way to enforce immigration laws.

“These statistics are troubling to say the least,” the judge said in a new order Tuesday. “But even more troubling is the fact that DHS apparently does not have a plan in place to track down the aliens who are in violation of the conditions of their ‘parole’ — and, thus, unlawfully in the country.”

LINK: Vanishing act: DHS admits that 40% of catch-and-release migrants disappeared

Back
Top Bottom