Detroit Imam Killed, Six Arrested in an FBI Raid

Bob J

NES Member
[thinking]

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125677249132814537.html#mod=todays_us_page_one

DETROIT -- The African-American leader of a Detroit mosque was fatally shot Wednesday during a Federal Bureau of Investigation raid on what authorities called a criminal gang run by U.S. converts to Islam.

An FBI spokeswoman said six men were arrested in the raid on a suburban warehouse and two Detroit homes. The men were arrested on suspicion of a variety of offenses, including illegal possession of firearms, trafficking in stolen goods and altering vehicle identification numbers. Three suspects remain at large.

Luqman Ameen Abdullah, 53 years old, who had previously been known as Christopher Thomas, refused to surrender. He shot a police dog before he was fatally shot by authorities, the U.S. attorney's office in Detroit said in a statement.

Mr. Abdullah was imam of the Masjid Al-Haqq mosque and was connected to a group known as "Ummah," a brotherhood that seeks to establish a separate state within the U.S. that would be ruled by strict Islamic or Sharia law, the U.S. attorney's office said.

Ummah's leader is Jamil Abdullah al-Amin, formerly known as H. Rap Brown, who is now serving time in a prison for the murder of two police officers in Georgia. He was a prominent Black Panther during the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Mr. Abdullah had become a person of interest to the FBI several years ago, partly for espousing the use of violence against law enforcement. He has trained members of his group in the use of firearms and martial arts in anticipation of some type of action against the government, the U.S. attorney's office said.

Authorities do not believe he has ties to such international terrorist groups as al Qaeda.

How will we interrogate the six who were not sent to meet Allah? Can't waterboard them any more.

I've got it - make them listen to Dylan's Christmas album.

How will we interrogate the six who were not sent to meet Allah? Can't waterboard them any more.

Paul Mc Cartney's "Wondeful Christmastime" will work. [puke]

-Mike

Detroit [STRIKE]Imam[/STRIKE] Islamic Terrorist Leader Killed, Six Arrested in an FBI Raid
Title fixed.

Here's to hoping his "72 virgins" are like these: "Pull!"
nun_with_guns.jpg

Better yet.

t's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

It's a small, small world

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to every one
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

t's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to every one
And the oceans are wide

t's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to every one
And the oceans are wide

This has nothing to do with islam and their religious conversion. They were thugs and the headline should have been. "Detroit Criminal Killed, Six Arrested in an FBI Raid". With a footnote he had a religious position.

This has nothing to do with islam and their religious conversion. They were thugs and the headline should have been. "Detroit Criminal Killed, Six Arrested in an FBI Raid". With a footnote he had a religious position.

But doesn't it say in the Koran that is is the responsibility of the devout to wage Jihad against the Infidels? I would respectfully suggest that it has something to do with the religion.

“put down the polytheists wherever you find them, and capture them and beleaguer them and lie in wait for them at every ambush” (Koran 9:5).

Do you know how much whacked-out sh*t is in the Bible, or the Torah? Hope you haven't eaten shellfish any time soon... [wink]

When the Bible was written people got sick or died from eating shellfish and pork. And while I am not very religious I don't remember reading anything that told you to kill people from all other religions. Especially not in the New Testament. The Old Testament does say "an eye for an eye". I've never read the Torah.

We live in a police state. The Constitution means squat now (yes, the Constitution does protect people that wear funny towels on their heads, or at least it used to).

Thanks Gary!

It only took 20 years following a trip to Disney World to finally get that tune out of my head. [sad2]

We live in a police state. The Constitution means squat now (yes, the Constitution does protect people that wear funny towels on their heads, or at least it used to).

What?

Do you honestly believe these people were upstanding citizens? [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom