Desert Eagle...... Mmmmmmmmm Gooooodddddddd....

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Average cost of a two-tone .44 Magnum Desert Eagle in 98% condition:

One set of Dillon reloading dies, shellplate adapter and various reloading goodies for .44 Magnum:

4 boxes of .44 Magnum ammo to blast away at the range to christen the new iron:

Trading in that utter piece-of-crap Para Warthog against this fine sidearm and only owing 325.00:

PRICELESS.

Let the games begin....

DesertEagleopen.jpg

DesertEagle.jpg

Deserteagletop.jpg

In answer to your question:

50AE just doesn't cut it for me. Tepid in comparision to the 500 S&W (my next big bore hand gun purchase), expensive to shoot and somewhat hard to find (particularly at decent pricing). I still have to buy 300-500 rounds of factory ammo to acquire the brass to begin reloading the ammo for this gun, so .44 Mag seemed the obvious choice.

50AE just doesn't cut it for me. Tepid in comparision to the 500 S&W (my next big bore hand gun purchase), expensive to shoot and somewhat hard to find (particularly at decent pricing). I still have to buy 300-500 rounds of factory ammo to acquire the brass to begin reloading the ammo for this gun, so .44 Mag seemed the obvious choice.

You want something that is NOT TEPID!!!!!

TRY ONE OF THESE SOMETIME LAR GRIZZLY 45 WIN MAG!!

DSC01687.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

When I shoot one of these at the range it blows everybodys mind.
VERY FEW WANT TO GIVE IT A SHOOT.
FRED

Last edited:

True. I know a guy that I play Call of Duty UO with and his in game name is 50AE. He said the only way to own one is to reload for it and load hot.

Great gun but just wondering.... why not go for the 50AE?

Availiability of brass and commercial ammo? Cost?

.44 mag would be a lot more versatile too, especially if you already have
a revolver that chambers it.

-Mike

Great gun, I had the opportunity to try one recently. 10x better then .44 out of a revolver and the ergos are actually very fit for a human being. The safety sucks though, no easy way to operate as far as I could tell.

Sweet piece!
I owned one years ago. Paid $650. Young dumb and stupid, I sold it.
When you do start reloading for it, invest in a chronograph. I have been told that the gas system can eat up some of those precious FPS that mean so much to magnum cartridges.

Yup,

I'm gonna load on the hot side when my dies and bullets show up this week. I shot it today for the first time. Ka-pow. The thing's like a three ring circus chambered in .44 magnum. Hammer back, trigger pull, thunderous boom, MASSIVE muzzle flash, whole gun jumps around like crazy, slide goes back, brass goes sailing over my right shoulder about 700 miles an hour, satisfying "ka-chunk" noise as the next round is chambered, bewildered looks from other gunnies at the range. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Yup,

I'm gonna load on the hot side when my dies and bullets show up this week. I shot it today for the first time. Ka-pow.
The thing's like a three ring circus chambered in .44 magnum.
Hammer back, trigger pull, thunderous boom, MASSIVE muzzle flash, whole gun jumps around like crazy, slide goes back, brass goes sailing over my right shoulder about 700 miles an hour, satisfying "ka-chunk" noise as the next round is chambered, bewildered looks from other gunnies at the range. Rinse, lather, repeat.

[laugh2] Well, that about says it all. [smile]

I am so green with envy right now ! [hmmm]

Ok,

It just occurred to me that I'm slowly making my way through the featured guns in The Matrix trilogy. Spas-12, Desert Eagle.... What's next? Hmmmmmmmm........

Ya know I've seen this thread a while back, I JUST got the irony of trading a warthog in for a Desert Eagle. Itty-bitty 1911, for a MONSTER gas-operated magnum pistol.

Just makes me smile. How's the shooting going?

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom