1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Democrats scheming to alter Massachusetts Constitution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drgelinas, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I'm looking into this system where I do my very-hands-on job online. I'm curious about it. It's not really a system as much as changing MY mindset. If it worked, I wouldn't need to stay here for work.

My problem is. . . . I love New England and mAssachusetts in particular. :(

2. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

I grew up in New Jersey. Aside from metro NY it's a beautiful state. Pine Barrens, Delaware Water Gap, Poconos, beaches, etc. Spent 8 years in Arizona. Deserts, Red Rocks, Tombstone, Flagstaff, not a pothole to be found. Ex was Navy Reserve so I went to San Diego a few times. Rode the PCH from Carmel to SD, through Big Sur, Malibu, etc. Now I'm here in MA. Beautiful country roads, small towns, antique shopping, can't swing a dead cat w/o hitting "history". Spent 14 days on the honeymoon riding through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

Point is, every state is beautiful and different in its own way. They all have regional food you can't really get anywhere else. The people all have their own quirks. But some places are just more livable than others. MA is becoming less so, in many ways, every day. Tennessee may be our last stop. I hope it is, but we're NOT staying here, our kind just isn't welcome anymore and it's time to go. Actually, BEEN time. So we're going.

Brewer and toekneepea like this.
  3. Koolmoose

Koolmoose NES Member

Other side of the bridges behind the iron curtain
    Nice! I tried to talk the wife into Tenn, but she said one word. SNAKES! Conversation closed.

4. amm5061

amm5061 NES Member

Certainly not if you wanna steal more of it, you can't!

5. doxdsgn

doxdsgn NES Member

This story is from the MA GOP -- the same GOP that didn't field a single candidate against unopposed, first time Democrat candidates this past election? The same guys that didn't even think to put together a list of suggested write-in candidates to put on their website for the last general election. Let me see ---- yep the same ones. The Democrats play every angle - Tip O'Neil never let a Republican run unopposed. Surely there has to be one Republican in MA with the last name of Kennedy that could be put on the ballot against a Democrat or a Democrat with one foot in the grave, that with a little help from the Almighty might shed his mortal coil between the primary and general election leaving the GOP candidate the winner by default, but, alas, the GOP wizards in MA never let an opportunity to be beaten go wasted.

MachineryGun and Waher like this.
  6. akma

akma

Not the land of the free but the home of the brave
    LOL. Until all the libs from Mass and elsewhere move there and screw it up just like the rest of the places they came from.

7. JJ4

JJ4 NES Member

Post from state Sen Dean Tran on Faceplant:

View: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=349978612371403&id=118655258837074

JayMcB likes this.
  8. EMTDAD

EMTDAD

my state senator moron Becca Rausch voted for it claiming it was needed for education and transportation and when Brad Jones made an amendment to earmark the funds to those specifically, she voted against the amendment..

I follow her on twitter and hate her more and more every day.

timbo and MachineryGun like this.
  9. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

I have a Security Six in 22. With shot shells it would make quick work of a snake at "stand off" distance of 5 feet or so.

I don't think the 22 shotshells will work on that particular breed of snake.

10. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Funny thing about arbitrage though: eventually it catches up.

11. EddieZoom

EddieZoom NES Member

+1.

Take comfort in knowing that the story can have a happy ending if you choose wisely. If you are "making it" here then just about anywhere else is going to feel like coasting downhill with a strong wind at your back. Earn your money and build your net worth and then when the time is right....cash out.

12. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

MA was lost to the Communists quite some time ago. There is no saving it.

13. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

What a total tard. Honestly. You just don't get basic economics, doya?

Well, he does. He just likes to lie to keep his job. Best to convince the seething masses that somehow they are the lower class even though they make 50% more than the average American and have more toys and more opportunities.

As I've mentioned a few places, a client of mine wrote his manifesto to the DNC and sent me a copy. One of his arguments is that he didn't get anything from the big tax cut. That Trump screwed him, the "middle class."

This middle class guy has been retired since about 55. He's got a million dollar portfolio and has been UNDERpaying his taxes (in part thanks to your's truly) for well over a decade. He's the middle class. [rofl]

Some day I'm gonna have to explain to him that he's the 1%. That'll get his panties in a bunch.

But he's not alone. I can't tell you how many people in this part of the world think that the economy is an absolute disaster and that the sky is falling and that people are out of work in record #'s while working 3 full-time jobs just to keep the lights on (7 full time jobs for a married couple). Somehow the massive amounts of traffic on our mAss highways is due to people driving around hoping to find work and not people WORKING IN RECORD #'s.

I won't be subject to this new tax, but it's gonna gitme in the end - because it WILL trickle down. This is the nose under the camel's tent. Whomever is going to organize against this in 2022 or whatever - I'm contributing HEAVY to. Shoving this down the throat of the stupid legislators will be an absolute GREAT investment.

MachineryGun likes this.
  14. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

JRLB and EMTDAD like this.
  15. Bfatz

Bfatz

At what point do the peoole if this state finally stand up and say enough is enough and remove these pricks, and by force if nessasary ..

16. HARRYM

HARRYM NES Member

The amount of people who would use violence to remove the Government wouldn't even fill a mini van. It's silly to even raise the issue.

17. greencobra

greencobra NES Member

i'm pretty naive, never understood why states needed their own constitutions, doesn't the u.s. constitution cover whats needed? should have paid more attention in history.

18. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Hopefully when this comes to a real vote. I think it will be blitzed just like the gas tax. Although we narrowly got that one. This will tell if the citizens of MA have the government they deserve.

19. 42!

42! NES Life Member NES Member

I heard they pulled out the language on educational use, it'll all be general fund

MachineryGun likes this.
  20. JJ4

JJ4 NES Member

Expect more MBTA derailments to drive home the "need" for this. Of course shitty maintenance has nothing to do with incompetence and lazyness.... they just need moaaar money.

[I say this even as an advocate for public transportation in general]

21. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

It has to be general fund. You can't specify. That's what made them bail with the SJC last time.

This is no-question going to pass again next year. And it should. Send it to the people. If they are dumb enough to pull a CT, they should be able to vote it themselves without the Legiscritters getting in the way. And if they defeat it, STFU, Legiscritters!

22. Bfatz

Bfatz

Same old BS from the party of retards who always claim education and transportation funding, when the facts remain there is already plenty of funds in the pipeline to fund both..This is pure theft through taxation nothing more.

23. MachineryGun

MachineryGun

Hell my "Republican" state senator voted for it...

24. Whutmeworry

Whutmeworry NES Member

NOT 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue anymore!!!!
  25. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

My momey is the scumbags already changed it. Just waiting for a late night session to spring into action and deny when caught.

fencer likes this.
  26. amm5061

amm5061 NES Member

You seem to forget that the results of ballot questions don't matter to the legislature. They want more money, they're gonna get it no matter what you say.

27. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

I think it's "Farkin bastiges" or maybe "Farging Iceholes".

Daddy Mac likes this.
  28. timbo

timbo Navy Veteran NES Member

You'll need a .410 Judge

Taurus Judge - Wikipedia

Radtekk and Daddy Mac like this.
  29. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

30. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

It's not a ballot initiative. When you want the State Constitution (the Commonstution?), you need 2 legislative votes and a vote of the peeps. Without the peeps, they are stuck in the water. Thankfully.

I still have no confidence. But maybe this rallies the mAss Holes out there to fight back against Pork Chop Hill, er Beacon Hill.