1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Democrats scheming to alter Massachusetts Constitution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drgelinas, Jun 10, 2019.

1. drgelinas

drgelinas NES Member

2. jhblaze1

jhblaze1

When I move back east in a couple years, I really need to convince the wife to do NH. By the sounds of it, MA will be nearly as bad as CA by the time I'm ready to migrate east.

BBQ.Uncle and xjma99 like this.
  3. NH_Realtor

NH_Realtor NES Life Member NES Member

Good. Please do cause we need all the help we can get to defend freedom.

4. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

Wait til the bubble pops and revenues tank, states like Mass will raise taxes making the recession even worse.

amm5061, xjma99, Horrible and 2 others like this.
  5. SKumar

SKumar NES Member

That exactly what happens in California

6. Yazz

Yazz NES Life Member NES Member

They are just following the Feds lead.

7. MachineryGun

MachineryGun

When they have to change the constitution to collect more taxes there is seriously something wrong.

VTJPM and xjma99 like this.
  8. Waher

Waher NES Member

They want to copy Connecticut's model for economic success! [rofl]

hv55maxx likes this.
  9. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

Time to move (again)

Christian likes this.
  10. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Tennessee. 21 acres. $900/yr property tax. ZERO income tax. Well, septic, 100% solar. 1300 Sq ft house, 840 Sq ft detached garage. $173k @ 3.75% 40 minutes outside Knoxville. My own range in the backyard. No "list". Moving in September. FU MA.

hminsky, Lxpony, MAJoe and 33 others like this.
  11. Uzi2

Uzi2 NES Member

IF you move back east, you need to convince your wife to have you committed for 90days of mental observation to prove or disprove your sanity.:D

falcon123 and Roadglide like this.
  12. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

No surprise there. Never will you see a more wretched hive of filth and villainy than in the state house. Well, d.c. too.

13. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Boston has had a couple of years more experience at being despicable so they're a little better. Or is it worse?

14. peterk123

peterk123

Uggh... I keep telling myself eight more years, just eight more years. Then west to the Rockies we go.

Christian likes this.
  15. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling

Way it is going it will be the whole east coast.

Christian likes this.
  16. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie NES Member

Remember Deval's concept of an "adult conversation".

SKumar likes this.
  17. 42!

42! NES Life Member NES Member

And the roads are better and done faster. NH needs a wall to keep the stupid out.
    NES membership gets you a pass.

18. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Of course they are. Why is this a surprise. They got their wedding-tackle whacked last year by the MASC. So they modified things so they can charge more taxes.

It's almost like they look at CT and think, "Yeah, they suck at this, but we'll raise taxes differently and it'll have a different result."

When the day comes that Mass pushes me out, it'll be because of taxes, not gun rights. I'll fight for the latter. (Hell, I'll fight for the former, obviously.) But I can't stand the liberal illogic of making things MORE unfriendly in order to give free crap to people.

TLB and MachineryGun like this.
  19. Whutmeworry

Whutmeworry NES Member

NOT 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue anymore!!!!
    FIFY.

20. 308rifleman

308rifleman

Down the rabbit hole, somewhere in Paradise.
    Foley, Alabama. 1,700 sf brand new home with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage, town water and sewer with no grinder pumps, huge master suite with a walk in closet that will make any wife very happy, and a huge screened backyard patio for $170K. Annual property taxes? $550!

Super99Z and Radtekk like this.
  21. ToddDubya

ToddDubya NES Member

This had better go nowhere.

Swap the house size with the garage size and that's my dream. Hell I'll take a tent with a 2000 sqft garage.

Koolmoose, GiveMeLiberty and 42! like this.
  22. T-Unit

T-Unit

173k is a lot when you consider that decent jobs are not easy to come by there and the wages are no higher than $20/hr. Unless married and wife works, that's a lifetime to pay off the mortgage.

23. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

But you still get low taxes and can shoot from your back porch. ;)

Daughter saw a house listing in MO near her. $200K - share a pond. If they were staying in the .af, hubby would have put $ down right away. Fishing off the back deck??? Oh yeah! LOL

That TN property tax is about half of what MA property taxes are, on like sized properties. Although there are a crap-ton more amenities here and the schools are far better as well.

24. PeterC

PeterC NES Member

$800/month mortgage ? Hard to payoff ? Lol. That's (a lot!) less than my property taxes here in MA. Should be easily coverable even if your only income is SS.

25. Christian

Christian

Rt.3, 1/2 way between Boston and the Cape
    Not really an issue for the metric shit ton of boomer muni workers who own/sell a home up here only to retire, move to Tn., and purchase a house with cash. I've known about a dozen or so couples who have done just that and are busily recruiting their former coworkers to do the exact same upon their retirement. Hell, I know one couple where the wife worked at a school(administrative) up here who after a short time in TN got herself voted onto some school committee with the explicit intent on making things "better".

A better choice of location to move would be somewhere so miserable they wouldn't EVER consider moving there, perhaps ND, SD, eastern MT/WY.

26. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Assuming you worked in the Northeast and then moved to TN.

Think if you lived in TN your entire life. Made $40k/yr. Suddenly, that $800/mo mortgage is 24% of your gross income and 27% of your net income.

Plus cars don't get cheaper as you move to the. . . . less desirable parts of the country. (Not a dig - but if it's popular to live there, the prices go up and vice versa.) So your car payment could be 2/3 of what your house payment is. Yikes!

And SSI on a $40K salary would run about 1,000/mo maybe? You can have that mortgage, the property taxes and some Cheerios every month.

AGAIN - working in the Northeast and moving elsewhere - just about anywhere - is a great financial plan.

vicorjh and peterk123 like this.
  27. mac1911

mac1911 NES Member

If only I could convince my wife, thrn again depending on the pay scale diffetential depends on how much money we could bring with us

28. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Nice! Since it's a ground level ranch one of the first projects will be a flagstone patio off the back door. When I rent the bobcat to clear my first 50-100 yard range I'll dig about a foot deep and fill it halfway with river rock, then sand, then flagstone. Maybe 30x30 ft or so, put a 10x10 screened gazebo in the middle, hot tub on one side, loose brick bbq on the other.

There's a one car carport attached to the house, off the kitchen. Finished interior walls and poured concrete floor. Gonna frame the "door" and make it a dedicated gun room/office. I get to frame it, it will NOT be easy access...

There's a website, shows COL differentials. I expect to make 15 percent less and save close to 40. Last Radtekk wants a minimum 1/4 acre garden for veggies ready by spring, there's a nice two acre or so pasture that she plans to line with blackberry, blueberry and raspberry bushes.

I plan to find somebody to log and replant an acre a year, make a few bucks that way. Maybe dedicate 1/2 to 1/2 acre to solar, hopefully net a couple hundred a month on average. The house is south facing anyway:) so within two years with well, septic, solar, logging, garden, maybe chickens (house already has a coop) we should be pretty close to net zero expenses except for fill-in groceries. Now, if I can get a cell phone tower...

Amen! And the taxes on the 1500sq ft split level on 1/2 acre in Chelmsford I'm currently renting at $1890/mo are $6000/yr:D

As above, I'll take a 15-20% pay cut max and save 40% or more minimum. And of course never have a rent increase. 49 days out from close I'm looking to lock at 4% or less with zero points.

Energizer and vicorjh like this.
  29. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

Farkin bastards...

Radtekk likes this.
  30. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

The constitution only allows tariffs and excise taxes. You can’t build a massive government with those piddling taxes.