Democrats scheming to alter Massachusetts Constitution

I'm looking into this system where I do my very-hands-on job online. I'm curious about it. It's not really a system as much as changing MY mindset. If it worked, I wouldn't need to stay here for work.

My problem is. . . . I love New England and mAssachusetts in particular. :(

I'm looking into this system where I do my very-hands-on job online. I'm curious about it. It's not really a system as much as changing MY mindset. If it worked, I wouldn't need to stay here for work.

My problem is. . . . I love New England and mAssachusetts in particular. :(
I grew up in New Jersey. Aside from metro NY it's a beautiful state. Pine Barrens, Delaware Water Gap, Poconos, beaches, etc. Spent 8 years in Arizona. Deserts, Red Rocks, Tombstone, Flagstaff, not a pothole to be found. Ex was Navy Reserve so I went to San Diego a few times. Rode the PCH from Carmel to SD, through Big Sur, Malibu, etc. Now I'm here in MA. Beautiful country roads, small towns, antique shopping, can't swing a dead cat w/o hitting "history". Spent 14 days on the honeymoon riding through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

Point is, every state is beautiful and different in its own way. They all have regional food you can't really get anywhere else. The people all have their own quirks. But some places are just more livable than others. MA is becoming less so, in many ways, every day. Tennessee may be our last stop. I hope it is, but we're NOT staying here, our kind just isn't welcome anymore and it's time to go. Actually, BEEN time. So we're going.

Tennessee. 21 acres. $900/yr property tax. ZERO income tax. Well, septic, 100% solar. 1300 Sq ft house, 840 Sq ft detached garage. $173k @ 3.75% 40 minutes outside Knoxville. My own range in the backyard. No "list". Moving in September. FU MA.

Nice! I tried to talk the wife into Tenn, but she said one word. SNAKES! Conversation closed.

This story is from the MA GOP -- the same GOP that didn't field a single candidate against unopposed, first time Democrat candidates this past election? The same guys that didn't even think to put together a list of suggested write-in candidates to put on their website for the last general election. Let me see ---- yep the same ones. The Democrats play every angle - Tip O'Neil never let a Republican run unopposed. Surely there has to be one Republican in MA with the last name of Kennedy that could be put on the ballot against a Democrat or a Democrat with one foot in the grave, that with a little help from the Almighty might shed his mortal coil between the primary and general election leaving the GOP candidate the winner by default, but, alas, the GOP wizards in MA never let an opportunity to be beaten go wasted.

Foley, Alabama. 1,700 sf brand new home with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage, town water and sewer with no grinder pumps, huge master suite with a walk in closet that will make any wife very happy, and a huge screened backyard patio for $170K. Annual property taxes? $550!
LOL. Until all the libs from Mass and elsewhere move there and screw it up just like the rest of the places they came from.

Post from state Sen Dean Tran on Faceplant:

View: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=349978612371403&id=118655258837074

NO, was my vote at today's Constitutional Convention on the "Fair Share Amendment" also known as the "Millionaire Tax". In my 2017 special election and 2018 general election, I was very specific in expressing my strong opposition to this idea and ballot question.

I am not a rocket scientist but I am educated and informed enough to know a deception and a bad proposal when I see one. This proposal is nothing more than a graduated income tax that had been voted down by the people five times, the last was in 1994 with 70% of the voters rejecting it, and it didn't even get on the ballot in 2018 because the Court also rejected it. Regardless of the language used to deceive people by calling it "fair share" or a "millionaire" tax only, it is a graduated income tax and it does not work. It penalizes people for working hard and being successful. It does not work on the federal level and it will be a disaster for the Commonwealth.

Now the same deception is being used again, BUT they accidentally exposed their true intentions this time around. Three Democrats filed an amendment ahead of today's vote to allow a fully graduated income tax, meaning there will be income tax brackets for everybody making it very likely everyone will see a tax increase. They then withdrew the amendment hours before the vote. I am glad that they filed this amendment because now we get to see their true intentions of this bill. This was made even plainer with the rejection of two common-sense amendments that I voted in favor of. The first would establish a trust fund specifically for this tax revenue to be placed in where it would only be used for education and transportation infrastructure and would have also clarified that the new tax revenue would be in addition to any fund appropriated by the legislature and not instead of those funds. The second amendment would have exempted small businesses (also known as "S Businesses") from this new tax. Both of these amendments were unfortunately rejected.

Once again, instead of increasing the tax base by creating jobs or collecting almost $3 billion in uncollected taxes, they prefer increasing taxes. This is a terrible proposal for the economy, for small businesses and for you. We currently have a strong economy with record revenues in excess of one billion dollars. We are also funding public education at the highest level ever. Revenues are not the problem, how we are investing them is. Many of these Democrats think that the solution to every problem is raising taxes and fees. I would say this is because they don’t understand how to fix the problems.

Please share with those who are unaware of this topic.

my state senator moron Becca Rausch voted for it claiming it was needed for education and transportation and when Brad Jones made an amendment to earmark the funds to those specifically, she voted against the amendment..

I follow her on twitter and hate her more and more every day.

Nice! I tried to talk the wife into Tenn, but she said one word. SNAKES! Conversation closed.
I have a Security Six in 22. With shot shells it would make quick work of a snake at "stand off" distance of 5 feet or so.

my state senator moron Becca Rausch voted for it claiming it was needed for education and transportation and when Brad Jones made an amendment to earmark the funds to those specifically, she voted against the amendment..

I don't think the 22 shotshells will work on that particular breed of snake.

Assuming you worked in the Northeast and then moved to TN.

Think if you lived in TN your entire life. Made $40k/yr. Suddenly, that $800/mo mortgage is 24% of your gross income and 27% of your net income.

Plus cars don't get cheaper as you move to the. . . . less desirable parts of the country. (Not a dig - but if it's popular to live there, the prices go up and vice versa.) So your car payment could be 2/3 of what your house payment is. Yikes!

And SSI on a $40K salary would run about 1,000/mo maybe? You can have that mortgage, the property taxes and some Cheerios every month.

AGAIN - working in the Northeast and moving elsewhere - just about anywhere - is a great financial plan.
Funny thing about arbitrage though: eventually it catches up.

AGAIN - working in the Northeast and moving elsewhere - just about anywhere - is a great financial plan.

+1.

Take comfort in knowing that the story can have a happy ending if you choose wisely. If you are "making it" here then just about anywhere else is going to feel like coasting downhill with a strong wind at your back. Earn your money and build your net worth and then when the time is right....cash out.

The Massachusetts economy is working great for those in the upper 1%, but the time is now for all residents to reap the benefits of what this great state can accomplish through the revenue of the fair share amendment,” said Democratic Rep. James O’Day, using the term preferred by the measure’s most ardent supporters to describe it

What a total tard. Honestly. You just don't get basic economics, doya?

Well, he does. He just likes to lie to keep his job. Best to convince the seething masses that somehow they are the lower class even though they make 50% more than the average American and have more toys and more opportunities.

As I've mentioned a few places, a client of mine wrote his manifesto to the DNC and sent me a copy. One of his arguments is that he didn't get anything from the big tax cut. That Trump screwed him, the "middle class."

This middle class guy has been retired since about 55. He's got a million dollar portfolio and has been UNDERpaying his taxes (in part thanks to your's truly) for well over a decade. He's the middle class. [rofl]

Some day I'm gonna have to explain to him that he's the 1%. That'll get his panties in a bunch.

But he's not alone. I can't tell you how many people in this part of the world think that the economy is an absolute disaster and that the sky is falling and that people are out of work in record #'s while working 3 full-time jobs just to keep the lights on (7 full time jobs for a married couple). Somehow the massive amounts of traffic on our mAss highways is due to people driving around hoping to find work and not people WORKING IN RECORD #'s.

I won't be subject to this new tax, but it's gonna gitme in the end - because it WILL trickle down. This is the nose under the camel's tent. Whomever is going to organize against this in 2022 or whatever - I'm contributing HEAVY to. Shoving this down the throat of the stupid legislators will be an absolute GREAT investment.

At what point do the peoole if this state finally stand up and say enough is enough and remove these pricks, and by force if nessasary ..

At what point do the peoole if this state finally stand up and say enough is enough and remove these pricks, and by force if nessasary ..
The amount of people who would use violence to remove the Government wouldn't even fill a mini van. It's silly to even raise the issue.

i'm pretty naive, never understood why states needed their own constitutions, doesn't the u.s. constitution cover whats needed? should have paid more attention in history.

Hopefully when this comes to a real vote. I think it will be blitzed just like the gas tax. Although we narrowly got that one. This will tell if the citizens of MA have the government they deserve.

Expect more MBTA derailments to drive home the "need" for this. Of course shitty maintenance has nothing to do with incompetence and lazyness.... they just need moaaar money.

[I say this even as an advocate for public transportation in general]

It has to be general fund. You can't specify. That's what made them bail with the SJC last time.

This is no-question going to pass again next year. And it should. Send it to the people. If they are dumb enough to pull a CT, they should be able to vote it themselves without the Legiscritters getting in the way. And if they defeat it, STFU, Legiscritters!

Same old BS from the party of retards who always claim education and transportation funding, when the facts remain there is already plenty of funds in the pipeline to fund both..This is pure theft through taxation nothing more.

My momey is the scumbags already changed it. Just waiting for a late night session to spring into action and deny when caught.

It has to be general fund. You can't specify. That's what made them bail with the SJC last time.

This is no-question going to pass again next year. And it should. Send it to the people. If they are dumb enough to pull a CT, they should be able to vote it themselves without the Legiscritters getting in the way. And if they defeat it, STFU, Legiscritters!

You seem to forget that the results of ballot questions don't matter to the legislature. They want more money, they're gonna get it no matter what you say.

You seem to forget that the results of ballot questions don't matter to the legislature. They want more money, they're gonna get it no matter what you say.

It's not a ballot initiative. When you want the State Constitution (the Commonstution?), you need 2 legislative votes and a vote of the peeps. Without the peeps, they are stuck in the water. Thankfully.

I still have no confidence. But maybe this rallies the mAss Holes out there to fight back against Pork Chop Hill, er Beacon Hill.

Back
Top Bottom