• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrats reject push to alert ICE when illegal immigrants fail firearm background checks

Reptile

NES Member
Democrats this week approved legislation to require background checks for essentially all sales and transfers of firearms -- but rejected GOP-led efforts to amend the legislation to alert law enforcement authorities when gun buyers, including illegal immigrants, fail those background checks.

The House Judiciary Committee voted in favor of the bill 23-15, in a strict party-line vote, sending it to the House floor. If approved by the full House, the bill would be the most significant gun-control legislation approved by either chamber of Congress in at least a decade -- although it stands little chance of passage in the Senate, where Republicans command a slim majority.

Democrats reject push to alert ICE when illegal immigrants fail firearm background checks

This is absurd that illegals have more rights than American citizens.

F Dem's. F Repug's more. They had the House, the Senate and the Presidency before the midterm but did zip nadda to undo any unconstitutional gun laws, same thing during W's years. They enjoy being the perpetual minority whiny losers and taking it in the anus.

Incredibly absurd. The dems would prefer to see this country destroyed from within than to give Trump or the GOP any kind of win. A very sad chapter in our history.
Illegals are illegals by definition. They do not respect our laws, so only a fool would think that they would go to their local FFL and fill out the ATF form. Their guns are stolen from legitimate owners in burglaries and in some cases where drug addicted family members steal them from their relatives and fence them on the black market for their next "fix". They break all laws. That is why they are criminals, regardless of how the libtard democrats try to apologize for them.

F Dem's. F Repug's more. They had the House, the Senate and the Presidency before the midterm but did zip nadda to undo any unconstitutional gun laws, same thing during W's years. They enjoy being the perpetual minority whiny losers and taking it in the anus.
I think they prefer being called the Beta Cuck party.

Dems know gun laws don’t work and just figure why should illegals take the hit for their meaningless gestures.

They want to be better than the Ds for us, but not so much better that the Ds can use the fact that they actually did something against them. I would not be surprised if there were secret negotiations as to who was vulnerable and thus allowed to vote for things like national reciprocity, while the fix was in to assure it would not pass.

Incredibly absurd. The dems would prefer to see this country destroyed from within than to give Trump or the GOP any kind of win. A very sad chapter in our history.

That has been the dems (read "communists") goal for the past three generations, one step at a time.

The democrats hate America, and have gone bat shit crazy.

I heard that Venezuela has plenty of space for them.

Why go through that expense to ship them there? A ten foot deep, two hundred foot long trench is cheaper, faster. Matter of fact, they can fulfill their idol's commitment to " shovel ready jobs" and dig it themselves before they fall in.

Im not so sure I think its the place of the FFL to alert anyone when someone does not pass a back ground check.
That should be left up to the FBI/ATF. Am i wrong thinking this way. I might not be correctly thinking of the intent of this bill or why illegals would be doing back ground checks anyway?

Im not so sure I think its the place of the FFL to alert anyone when someone does not pass a back ground check.
That should be left up to the FBI/ATF. Am i wrong thinking this way.

The feds would already know, they are the ones conducting the check. All the FFL has to do is refuse the sale and show the person to the door.

Politicians being politicians.

They want to be better than the Ds for us, but not so much better that the Ds can use the fact that they actually did something against them. I would not be surprised if there were secret negotiations as to who was vulnerable and thus allowed to vote for things like national reciprocity, while the fix was in to assure it would not pass.
Of course there are negotiations. Look at MA and their pay raise. They voted it, it got vetoed, that got overturned.

Everyone won. Everyone got a raise, the Gov could say "I didnt want this" knowing everyone (regular people) would forget in the end.

That was all orchestrated in advance.

And in this case it is the same. They know it probably wont make it, but they can tell their voters they tried. While the other said tells their voters how they stopped it. They all win and the circle jerk goes on.

The feds would already know, they are the ones conducting the check. All the FFL has to do is refuse the sale and show the person to the door.

Pretty broad assumption that the left hand of government tells the right hand anything.

And yes, illegals go to gun shops/pawn shops and try to buy guns. It's kinda nice that they give their address.

Back
Top Bottom