delicate question regarding the, uh, more meditative moments of carrying concealed...

So, I'm sitting here waiting for my ALP LTC A to arrive, and I had this sudden realization: presuming good ol' fashioned IWB carry at ~3 o'clock on the hip, what do you guys do when, uh, nature calls for an 'extended stay' in the Little Patriot's Room? If its a public restroom, wouldn't 'the rig' (no, the other one) be in danger of being spotted when your pants hit the floor? How does one mitigate that potentially embarrassing accidental exposure? Do you just draw and let it rest on the TP dispenser and hope no one gets intimidated by *gasp!* an empty holster?

--Lee

For me, with an IWB, I take the firearm out, IWB in all, place it on the tissue dispencer, or tank proceed with my ritual, then when I am done thinking, I pull my skids up, place said firearm back into 3 o'clock, flush and be on my way.

In the facilities at my office, I don't think the TP dispenser comes out from the wall enough to safely rest a pistol on it. Just eyeballing the premises, I think the only flat surface in that particular area would be the back of the toilet (ewww....)

If we are going to have another "To pee or not to pee" thread, why not make it informative:

Man vs. Wild - How to survive the Sahara

I think it is safe to assume, you can do a multitude of things to mitigate whatever perceived exposure you think could occur. Bottom line, if someone REALLY can see the firearm, you probably should not have tapped your shoes. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom