Deerfield Fair Searches. Is this new policy?

Like the title says, They reserve the right to search your person and belongings. I was going to go to this fair and check it out. Has anyone gone in the past and been searched or is this a new policy? Think I'll pass on this one. I could not find the recent thread with the list of anti places in NH and went back like 12 or 13 pages.

This is like "we reserve the right to hurt shoplifters" - it has absolutely no meaning. Sign or no sign, a business can expel you for any reason (though there are issues regarding refund of admission), but they cannot force you to submit to a search.

I got frisked a couple years ago at Deerfield. I saw the signs on the way in and left it in the truck. A cop who recognized me was sure I must be carrying and searched me assisted by a rookie. I called them Nazis and continued on my way.

3 years in a row, the wife and I have had no problems carrying guns in any function at the Deerfield Fairgrounds.

First you have to check who owns the fairgrounds. If they are private property, then they can as they will. Cheshire Fairgrounds here in Swanzey had the same posting, as the saying goes concealed is concealed. I carried this year in an Uncle Mikes fanny pack.

fanny pack=>25% gay
obama=field marshall keitel (which makes michelle the fuhrer, I suppose)
a bit of a digression, apologies!

I got frisked a couple years ago at Deerfield. I saw the signs on the way in and left it in the truck. A cop who recognized me was sure I must be carrying and searched me assisted by a rookie. I called them Nazis and continued on my way.
I saw two guys get stopped and hassled once at Topsfield Fair. Folders clipped to pockets was the reason. My 4" folder was deep in my pocket and I just walked right in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom