Deer season dates

My abstract states that bow season ends on the 22, and then shotgun season starts in 12/1-12/15, and then black powder till 12/31. IS there a miss print, or is there no hunting from 11/22-12/1?

No that's probably right, this god forsaken state likes to screw over hunters at every opportunity, up to and including withholding hunting during the very peak of activity, unlike every other state!

yeah it is right- it has to do with when thanksgiving falls. About every five years this happens. You would think they would extend the bow season to thanksgiving and not stop it on the 22nd.

Bow season should just read start date 10/14/08 to 12/31/08

yeah it is right- it has to do with when thanksgiving falls. About every five years this happens. You would think they would extend the bow season to thanksgiving and not stop it on the 22nd.

Bow season should just read start date 10/14/08 to 12/31/08

Yup that is correct every 4 or 5 years there is a week break. Just the way the calendar falls. I look at it this way, at least it gives the deer a week break to do their thing unmolested and relax into normal travel patterns for gun opener.

I heard that the state fish and game gave deer got the week off due to last year's harsh winter. That and the reduction in doe permits this year is an effort to rebuild the herd. although, I have not seen any acorns in my scouting trips.

I heard that the state fish and game gave deer got the week off due to last year's harsh winter. That and the reduction in doe permits this year is an effort to rebuild the herd. although, I have not seen any acorns in my scouting trips.

No, the deer seasons are structured like this every year it is just this year that seems weird because thanksgiving is late.

Archery season: this 6-week season begins on the third Monday prior to the first Monday in November and ends on the sixth Saturday thereafter;

Shotgun season (Zones 01-11, 13-14): this 12-day season begins on the Monday after Thanksgiving and ends on the second Saturday thereafter

Back
Top Bottom