NES Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Did you check with Riff-Raff???? ;)

It's a bit late for haunting Lowes and home dePot for end-of-season events for a grill. And in my experience, you won't save a TON on a GOOD grill or BBQ system. Hell, I've got a 4-5 y/o Kamado Joe. They revamped the whole line-up 2 years ago. Better hinge and grates and such. DAmn. The price went up accordingly. Like HUGE! I'll stick to my perfectly-functioning old one instead of doing a sell-and-swap to a new model. I'd lose SERIOUS money on that deal.

Same with Weber and the like. Even at 10% off, you're still gonna pay. . . .for quality.

Mtn_Guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Anyone hear of any good deals on a grill?

Buy a Weber. They rarely really go on sale, but if you can find one jump on it.

Mine is ~1 year old. I started to see minor spots of rust on the cast iron grill grates and “flavorizer” bars — I called Weber to ask if this was normal after only a year and they said that it can happen (if near saltwater and more corrosive environments) — I explained I’m in Central MA, not near the coast and keep my grill covered with one of their heavy covers (not a thinner cheaper off-brand). They asked for a few photos for documentation and they sent me out a new set for free — while the original set is still serviceable, I now have a backup/replacement and all it took was a 5 minute phone call and a follow-up email. I didn’t expect that level of customer service.

grizquad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Buy a Weber. They rarely really go on sale, but if you can find one jump on it.

In the mid 90s I lived outside Chicago and the Weber factory (a little north of Chicago) was having their annual factory sale. I was off and went and it was Weber heaven! I ended up buying a smoker that I still have and use today, NO rust. As stated get a Weber, you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom