Deals and steals

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Yeah, I've been there. But I looked at their website and couldn't find the item.

Regarding Building 19... every I walked into that place I started sneezing!

:)

I forget that not everyone knows what Job Lot is. It's like an upscale Building 19. LOL. I go about 3-4x/yr. Always amazed at some of the stuff they have.

Alex9661

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm tempted to go to the store and special order that case, considering it's essentially free for me( wife buys a lot of crap at Jobs Lot). What it's good for? It's too bulky to transport handguns or disassembled AR's to the range, it's pointless at home if you have a gun safe.

Any ideas?

citoriguy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm tempted to go to the store and special order that case, considering it's essentially free for me( wife buys a lot of crap at Jobs Lot). What it's good for? It's too bulky to transport handguns or disassembled AR's to the range, it's pointless at home if you have a gun safe.

Any ideas?
You could store unmounted optics.
Ammo

rcwhat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
That’s probably why it’s so cheap. The dimensions kinda suck and you’re forced to spend $200 on other crap from the store that you really don’t even need

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
17   0   0

Any ideas?
They look almost identical to the cases we kept all of our Tomahawk mission software stored in, the 4 rectangles would house the MO disks, and the wide cut out would hold the inventory binder. We had 2 large safes in the space that had sliding shelves that these cases would sit in. It would make a decent garage or basement storage container of stuff you don't want getting wet, but they are big, heavy, and awkward to carry with no wheels. If they were free, or even $20, I'd grab a few, but putting $200 up for one is a no for me.

Hustler One

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Any ideas?
Static ammo cache. Im gonna order one as well if there are any left.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
5.11 Tactical is having a (20%?) off sale starting on Tuesday the 27th.

I just found out because I'm ordering some training gear. I called up to ask about any promo codes and she said to wait till tomorrow for the sale.

Purpose-Built Tactical Gear, Apparel & Accessories - 5.11 Tactical

Their common "Tactical Pant" is now $49 but it will be cheaper on Tuesday. Free shipping over $35, too.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Glock Victim

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any ideas?
Get 2 make a coffee table.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What in the heck are "tactical pants"?
5.11 pants are awesome, it's all I buy now. Pricey so I wait for 20% or better discounts.

Some have features like a mag pocket, but that's not really why I get them.

I like the Apex pants for work, look dressy enough, they're part cotton and breathe great, and hold up really well.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Garrett Industries has 20% off their IWB holsters. Code "summer" is supposed to have expired but still works.

I don't like their composite back holsters cause they require the belt to provide the retention, but their full kydex (lined with leather inside) are awesome. Only the latter are on sale anyway.

hv55maxx

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Northwest Assachusetts where the dragons be
Leopold LTO HD.
(not the older non HD LTO, and not the latest HD2, but still a really good THERMAL OPTIC MONOCULAR)

Optics Planet sale price at 50 to 62% OFF.

Add the coupon code of "DEALS19" and it drops to $449.99 for a thermal optic that went for as much as $1200.00.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-lto-tracker-thermal-imaging-monocular-okpnv.html

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemYWfPMr_o
this is strictly a scanner. this is not a mountable optic. wont hold up to recoil. just an FYI to anyone thinking of using it that way.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
For mothers’ basement warriors that shout "pew pew pew" when the cat comes downstairs.
I normally shout "mew mew mew" when the cat comes downstairs.

Tactical Pants are only $39.

I bought 2 different sizes because I am between sizes. Although they offer free returns, I'm going to keep them both.

I don't wear black clothing to train at at the range anymore. Ticks show up better in khaki.

When I get these I'm going to spray some permethrin on them.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I normally shout "mew mew mew" when the cat comes downstairs.

Tactical Pants are only $39.

I bought 2 different sizes because I am between sizes. Although they offer free returns, I'm going to keep them both.

I don't wear black clothing to train at at the range anymore. Ticks show up better in khaki.

When I get these I'm going to spray some permethrin on them.

You then hit said tick with a small hammer. Hence the Tack-Tick El Pants. Made in Mexico.

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Leopold LTO HD.
(not the older non HD LTO, and not the latest HD2, but still a really good THERMAL OPTIC MONOCULAR)

Optics Planet sale price at 50 to 62% OFF.

Add the coupon code of "DEALS19" and it drops to $449.99 for a thermal optic that went for as much as $1200.00.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-lto-tracker-thermal-imaging-monocular-okpnv.html

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemYWfPMr_o
this is strictly a scanner. this is not a mountable optic. wont hold up to recoil. just an FYI to anyone thinking of using it that way.
Yep, a decent thermal target scope is going to run close to $3K to $4K and further up with better stats

I just ordered a second one at that deal price (we had a coyote kill one of our hens yesterday).
I have a PVS14, other NVG, and just picked up a Sightmark Wraith. So, for my personal use, the optic supplements the NVG.

Last edited:
Top Bottom