Deals and steals

I'm tempted to go to the store and special order that case, considering it's essentially free for me( wife buys a lot of crap at Jobs Lot). What it's good for? It's too bulky to transport handguns or disassembled AR's to the range, it's pointless at home if you have a gun safe.

Any ideas?

You could store unmounted optics.

Ammo

That’s probably why it’s so cheap. The dimensions kinda suck and you’re forced to spend $200 on other crap from the store that you really don’t even need

I'm tempted to go to the store and special order that case, considering it's essentially free for me( wife buys a lot of crap at Jobs Lot). What it's good for? It's too bulky to transport handguns or disassembled AR's to the range, it's pointless at home if you have a gun safe.

Any ideas?

They look almost identical to the cases we kept all of our Tomahawk mission software stored in, the 4 rectangles would house the MO disks, and the wide cut out would hold the inventory binder. We had 2 large safes in the space that had sliding shelves that these cases would sit in. It would make a decent garage or basement storage container of stuff you don't want getting wet, but they are big, heavy, and awkward to carry with no wheels. If they were free, or even $20, I'd grab a few, but putting $200 up for one is a no for me.

Any ideas?

Static ammo cache. Im gonna order one as well if there are any left.

5.11 Tactical is having a (20%?) off sale starting on Tuesday the 27th.

I just found out because I'm ordering some training gear. I called up to ask about any promo codes and she said to wait till tomorrow for the sale.

Purpose-Built Tactical Gear, Apparel & Accessories - 5.11 Tactical

Their common "Tactical Pant" is now $49 but it will be cheaper on Tuesday. Free shipping over $35, too.

Any ideas?
Get 2 make a coffee table.

What in the heck are "tactical pants"?

5.11 pants are awesome, it's all I buy now. Pricey so I wait for 20% or better discounts.

Some have features like a mag pocket, but that's not really why I get them.

I like the Apex pants for work, look dressy enough, they're part cotton and breathe great, and hold up really well.

Garrett Industries has 20% off their IWB holsters. Code "summer" is supposed to have expired but still works.

I don't like their composite back holsters cause they require the belt to provide the retention, but their full kydex (lined with leather inside) are awesome. Only the latter are on sale anyway.

Leopold LTO HD.
(not the older non HD LTO, and not the latest HD2, but still a really good THERMAL OPTIC MONOCULAR)

Optics Planet sale price at 50 to 62% OFF.

Add the coupon code of "DEALS19" and it drops to $449.99 for a thermal optic that went for as much as $1200.00.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-lto-tracker-thermal-imaging-monocular-okpnv.html

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemYWfPMr_o

this is strictly a scanner. this is not a mountable optic. wont hold up to recoil. just an FYI to anyone thinking of using it that way.

For mothers’ basement warriors that shout "pew pew pew" when the cat comes downstairs.
I normally shout "mew mew mew" when the cat comes downstairs.

Tactical Pants are only $39.

I bought 2 different sizes because I am between sizes. Although they offer free returns, I'm going to keep them both.

I don't wear black clothing to train at at the range anymore. Ticks show up better in khaki.

When I get these I'm going to spray some permethrin on them.

I normally shout "mew mew mew" when the cat comes downstairs.

Tactical Pants are only $39.

I bought 2 different sizes because I am between sizes. Although they offer free returns, I'm going to keep them both.

I don't wear black clothing to train at at the range anymore. Ticks show up better in khaki.

When I get these I'm going to spray some permethrin on them.

You then hit said tick with a small hammer. Hence the Tack-Tick El Pants. Made in Mexico.

Leopold LTO HD.
(not the older non HD LTO, and not the latest HD2, but still a really good THERMAL OPTIC MONOCULAR)

Optics Planet sale price at 50 to 62% OFF.

Add the coupon code of "DEALS19" and it drops to $449.99 for a thermal optic that went for as much as $1200.00.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-lto-tracker-thermal-imaging-monocular-okpnv.html

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemYWfPMr_o

this is strictly a scanner. this is not a mountable optic. wont hold up to recoil. just an FYI to anyone thinking of using it that way.

Yep, a decent thermal target scope is going to run close to $3K to $4K and further up with better stats

I just ordered a second one at that deal price (we had a coyote kill one of our hens yesterday).
I have a PVS14, other NVG, and just picked up a Sightmark Wraith. So, for my personal use, the optic supplements the NVG.

Last edited:
Vortex Sparc-AR + Primary Arms 3X Magnifier + Flip to the side QD Magnifier Mount = $199.00

Vortex Optics SPARC AR Red Dot - 2 MOA with Primary Arms 3X Red Dot Magnifier Gen III and Primary Arms QD Flip to Side Magnifier Mount - Standard Height KIT-SPARC-GEN3MAG-QDMOUNT

• KIT-SPARC-GEN3MAG-QDMOUNT_01.jpg

champion inverter generators. read about them on another forum

Champion Power Equipment Champion 2000-Watt Parallel Ready Portable Inverter Generator-100565 - The Home Depot

available at Home Depot. will come up 599 but for some reason if you change your store to this store:

Cambray #0581
5101 Cambray Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229

it goes down to 299.

I bought one last week got here yesterday. 317 and change shipped. gonna fire it up this weekend, but should be a perfect fuel efficient model to run the house when the larger genny isn't needed for well pump or boiler. and they're much quieter than their larger bigger cousins

Back
Top Bottom