Also fishing shirts in buzzards bay YMMV

Attachments

• 6A52259F-8922-4ACE-8B6D-CA9EB172A33D.jpeg
    6A52259F-8922-4ACE-8B6D-CA9EB172A33D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • 68110BB5-04A5-41A0-BB4D-DE977A46A605.jpeg
    68110BB5-04A5-41A0-BB4D-DE977A46A605.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
I've had this all-in-one jump starter and air compressor for a couple years now and it's been flawless. I noticed that there's a 30% off checkbox which brings it down to $55. A total steal if you ask me. Takes up no space in your car and can be a lifesaver if you need it.

View attachment 865860

Grabbed one with that 30% off today, great peace of mind. Thanks for the recommendation.

Now I just have to buy a donut spare for my other car because Honda is a bunch of skinflints who blame their cheapness not including a spare on "weight reduction" [laugh]

Grabbed one with that 30% off today, great peace of mind. Thanks for the recommendation.

Now I just have to buy a donut spare for my other car because Honda is a bunch of skinflints who blame their cheapness not including a spare on "weight reduction" [laugh]
Given that 50% of people on the road couldn't change a tire if their lives depended on it, most people are never travelling far from the city/suburbs, carrying around a 50# wheel/tire for the life of the vehicle burns a not-insignificant amount of fuel, and the gov fleet fuel economy standards (plus the selling point of fuel economy), I understand their decision. It's also a cost-cutting measure, which can't be overstated. Subaru is no different, a buddy just bought a WRX and it came with no spare. Thankfully truck MFRs understand that a spare is necessary equipment.

Given that 50% of people on the road couldn't change a tire if their lives depended on it, most people are never travelling far from the city/suburbs, carrying around a 50# wheel/tire for the life of the vehicle burns a not-insignificant amount of fuel, and the gov fleet fuel economy standards (plus the selling point of fuel economy), I understand their decision. It's also a cost-cutting measure, which can't be overstated. Subaru is no different, a buddy just bought a WRX and it came with no spare. Thankfully truck MFRs understand that a spare is necessary equipment.
Try this, you still need to jack the car up to relieve the pressure, but you don't need to change anything. Good for slow leaks too.

Try this, you still need to jack the car up to relieve the pressure, but you don't need to change anything. Good for slow leaks too.
Fix a flat works fine for small punctures, but it's useless for a sidewall tear, or a flat that's been driven on. Also, make sure you tell the tire folks that you used it, because it makes an unholy mess when they dismount the tire. Everything that I (or my wife) drives has a full-size spare, and I carry Viair compressors in each vehicle as well. Along with a basic tool kit, jumper cables, a Li-Ion Jump pack, a trauma kit, water/food, wool blanket, and a set of fleece pants/shirt/hat/gloves. Semper Paratus.

Except they equipped the car with a 30 series tire which basically is a rubber band sidewall. Before changing wheels to gain some sidewall, I was as careful as possible driving on our roads and still blew out two tires + damaged one OEM wheel on minor potholes. One time was on Storrow Drive and it took over 2.5 hours for the tow truck to arrive.

The optional donut spare I found out exists isn’t too heavy. On a car with very low profile tires, I think it’s a necessity. Even people with roadside service can have them put on the donut so you can drive home versus getting the car towed to a tire place.

Not exactly a Deal or Steal, but an interesting offering............

Not exactly a Deal or Steal, but an interesting offering............
Somebody must of thought it was deal, it has already sold.😲

This deal/BCG any good? If not, what's better?
They have a chrome option as well. I'm not a fan of the NiB myself. I don't think you can do better than microbest either.
I had one of these in my cart and decided to pass for now as I have been spending a lot of dough lately, and I already have a spare BCG.
I know I will regret it later when I need one and spend more.
I would consider this a good deal. AO Precision is an OEM supplier to bigger name firms in the same manner as Toolcraft.
$76.45 in your cart when you use the code "FEBRUARY"
SOLGW BCG for $125
Brownells has a 15% discount code on rifle parts this weekend, "BUILDER15".
I bought an Aero Precision nitride BCG it was $119 after the discount.
However there is another vendor, who I have not dealt with, that has the same BCG, Aero Precision APRH100615C, for $105.
I have an 18 inch Aero Precision barreled upper coming from Primary Arms. I had planned on using my spare BCG with it, but decided that would put me at a disadvantage, and so I purchased this new BCG.
I went with Brownells over the cheaper price because they are well known to me and I have an Edge account so I get free FedEx 2-day shipping on everything.
BTW - Brownells Edge program at $49 annually has been a great deal that has more than paid for itself for the few years I have had an account. But the good times are over, I am still locked in at the old price till next October, but if you want to buy in now it will cost $99.
OK. Some time has passed, and the prices vary from around 80 to maybe 140, with or without special "discount codes". Don't know a whit about the coatings, but know MPI and shot peened is usually better. Is there any one BCG that is outstanding for type, materials, quality, and happens to be a deal/steal? If there is a local shop at the mill who can equal this, please say the shop and the brand, and I can try to swing up there. The spotty hours have not been in my favor there at least twice now. That AO "premium" (for real?) nitride one seems to be in the sweet spot. Unless there is some other deal/steal/code that jumps out. Thanks.

OK. Some time has passed, and the prices vary from around 80 to maybe 140, with or without special "discount codes". Don't know a whit about the coatings, but know MPI and shot peened is usually better. Is there any one BCG that is outstanding for type, materials, quality, and happens to be a deal/steal? If there is a local shop at the mill who can equal this, please say the shop and the brand, and I can try to swing up there. The spotty hours have not been in my favor there at least twice now. That AO "premium" (for real?) nitride one seems to be in the sweet spot. Unless there is some other deal/steal/code that jumps out. Thanks.
ar15 bcg are pretty well standardized, so it is a less of an issue compared to ar10 ones, but the idea there is the same - you do not really shop for a finish, but for a good deal from a reputable manufacturer that is known to respect the specs of the product and generates consistent products because of that.
so the last deal i had was a 6.5 high pressure ar10 bolt group for $144. ar15 ones, for deals, i did not look lately, last spare i got as in impulse buy was in 2022 - here was the price:
AO Precision Premium Phosphate Bolt Carrier Group - 158 HPT/MPI
AOM16-HPT-MPI1$58.95 USD
$58.95 USD

i tested it, it works fine, and is kept as a spare. all the rest i have are aeros.

Tons of easily accessible info on this and as usual you want to be spoon fed the answers but unfortunately in this case there are no easy answers.
Just lots of compromises, most being inconsequential if not shooting tens of thousands of rounds.
Pick your poison...

For what it's worth, I've read 9310 is a bit stronger than c158 but is more sensitive to proper heat treating so more difficult to get it right. And then that a nitride finish additionally aggravates this issue so 9310 specifically in nitride is (possibly) to be avoided, particularly with non top tier manufacturers.

Myself, looking forward, I'll likely gravitate toward phosphate/chrome BCG's in either bolt material...

Tons of easily accessible info on this and as usual you want to be spoon fed the answers
Um, OK.

Actually, there are a lot of people who seem to know stuff, and rather than getting lost in marketing hype, I'd rather ask someone who knows. But thanks anyhow, and I appreciate the answer about 9310, which I had not even heard of until now. All other things the same, there is phosphate/nitride/chrome/stainless/other, and if phosphate is the suggestion, it looks like the Microbest best meets that description. However, that isn't really a name I've heard of, which was the other part of your reply. Is "manganese phosphate" the same as "phosphate" the same as some others? Even the "black nitride" is listed as "phosphate" further down. Are they all the same? I really honestly can't tell. I'm guessing in this day and age, any modern BCG might meet the specs of "mil-spec" from, let's say 20 years ago, which was decent even then, right? As long as it is MPI, a decent steel, and has some modern coating or treatment it should be GTG, right?

Um, OK.

Actually, there are a lot of people who seem to know stuff, and rather than getting lost in marketing hype, I'd rather ask someone who knows. But thanks anyhow, and I appreciate the answer about 9310, which I had not even heard of until now. All other things the same, there is phosphate/nitride/chrome/stainless/other, and if phosphate is the suggestion, it looks like the Microbest best meets that description. However, that isn't really a name I've heard of, which was the other part of your reply. Is "manganese phosphate" the same as "phosphate" the same as some others? Even the "black nitride" is listed as "phosphate" further down. Are they all the same? I really honestly can't tell. I'm guessing in this day and age, any modern BCG might meet the specs of "mil-spec" from, let's say 20 years ago, which was decent even then, right? As long as it is MPI, a decent steel, and has some modern coating or treatment it should be GTG, right?
Microbest is good to go as a manufacturer but I'm unclear as to what the '+' means as far as finish/coating, sounds like not chrome bc/bolt interface but something else.
Search it and tell us what you find...

Needed a mag carrier for G30 mags. I have a similar kydex IWM/OWB carrier to this one from another brand, it works for 9mm but it will not fit .45 double stack mags.

This turned out to be a good deal at Amazon for the .45 double stack version in black at $19.99 Got it today and it seems to function well.
www.amazon.com/dp/B07G7H73X6?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

They are supposed to be made in the USA with lifetime warranty according to the manufacture's website.

🐯

Today I order a 9mm double stack version of this carrier.

There was a 10% "brand promotion" to click on, so final price was $17.99 before tax.

I have the .45 version on my belt now (OWB) and it is GTG.

🐯

With the rebate this comes down to $285, best price I’ve seen in a hot minute.

Rebate finally came in.

See you guys in the classifieds when the next ammo pump comes in this fall during election time.

$1000. I know what I got.

Back
Top Bottom