• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Being on an approved list simply means that they have established a relationship with Brownells and Brownells does not have to call and check that they are legitimate FFL.

I think that people are trying to "nudge" you into being a courteous customer and letting the FFL know that something is inbound for you.

Simple common courtesy goes a long ways. On both sides of the transaction. ;)
I definitely know now. Thanks

I placed the order at 6pm last night on Brownells website. I called the FFL at 10:20 this morning 20 minutes after they opened. Jesus Christ If you have a problem with getting an order from Brownells don’t list yourself as one of their pre approved dealers. I’ve never ordered something online. I have a long wish list of firearms. Someone is going to get my business.
Don't feel bad, it's one of those unwritten rules, more courtesy than anything else, most would probably fine with it, but again one of those courtesy things.

I recently missed out of a really good deal on an over and under shotgun, I had used my local FFL before, the deal was over the weekend and the FFL was shut on the Monday, by the time was able to get hold of them the deal had sold out.

The list of sites are either previous deals or an automated list pulled from a FFL database. Some dealers may have the same item in stock, might not be the same price but they could say no.

You should be ok, but again, better to be safe than sorry.

BTW, I pay normally $20 to $25 for transfers and I always cash and don't expect a receipt.

Don't feel bad, it's one of those unwritten rules, more courtesy than anything else, most would probably fine with it, but again one of those courtesy things.

I recently missed out of a really good deal on an over and under shotgun, I had used my local FFL before, the deal was over the weekend and the FFL was shut on the Monday, by the time was able to get hold of them the deal had sold out.

The list of sites are either previous deals or an automated list pulled from a FFL database. Some dealers may have the same item in stock, might not be the same price but they could say no.

BTW, I pay normally $20 to $25 for transfers and I always cash and don't expect a receipt.
Good info thank you

related to this, as we build relationships with a shop, we get a feel for what they have and how they feel on these things. Then it's easier to know when to just place the order - "hey Gerry, I saw a great deal on a pre-64 Marlin on Gunbroker when I was 5 beers in last night...I hope it's cool that it's headed your way" is different than "I ordered a Mk IV to you...you didn't have any in stock, did you?"

Varget at Larry's place rn @$56/lb
That is a new high, $56 per lb. Crazy.
Another vendor has it for $60 per pound. Though their prices on other powders are reasonable. I got some IMR-4064, 296, H335, and WST coming from them later this week. Even with just a 5 pound powder order, it worked out to $41 and change per pound shipped. Which is nuts pre panic but not bad nowadays.

Another vendor has it for $60 per pound. Though their prices on other powders are reasonable. I got some IMR-4064, 296, H335, and WST coming from them later this week. Even with just a 5 pound powder order, it worked out to $41 and change per pound shipped. Which is nuts pre panic but not bad nowadays.
It's good to see availability return. I don't expect prices to return for a very long time, shits still a mess.

It's good to see availability return. I don't expect prices to return for a very long time, shits still a mess.
$60 per lb is not normal. i just got a 8lb jug of varget for $316. and it was a $287 back in May.

HP can you elaborate please? Im curious
Most links have tracking data in them, mostly for marketing, so they know what marketing campaigns work ( get the most traffic). Most have the email address of who the campaign was sent too, so they track your interests.

Most have a source reference so the affiliation get some money, Pennies but it adds up.
Web analytics can capture the landing page, how long you stayed on a page, where you navigate to etc.

Duck duck duck is a good browser, I run my own raspberry PI PieHole dns server that blocks a lot of tracking site and advertising.

Last edited:
Most links have tracking data in them, mostly for marketing, so they know what marketing campaigns work ( get the most traffic). Most have the email address of who the campaign was sent too, so they track your interests.

Most have a source reference so the affliction get some money, Pennies but it adds up.
Web analytics can capture the landing page, how long you stayed on a page, where you navigate to etc.

Duck duck duck is a good browser, I run my own raspberry PI PieHole dns server that blocks a lot of tracking site and advertising.
I knew about their search engine, I wasnt aware they had a browser. Ive been using Brave for a while, would I gain anything by switching?

(The link below will not track you, it will however report whether you prefer ultra soft or ultra strong Charmin.)

Dara Holsters having a "flash sale" for 10% off.
Code: FLASH10

🐯

I hate surprises that make me money. It just sucks. "Damn. Some guy's gun is here. I'll book it in and wait for him to show up and get it. And I'll charge him $30-50 for teh service. I hate when this happens." LOL

When I was young, EVERY business operated like this. "Oh shit. You want a product or service? Dammitall. Seriously??? I'm gonna grump about it all day and make you never want to call us again if we can both help it."

The only people that are like that anymore are some contractors. . . . and many old-school gun shops. I just don't get it. Too many quality shops that care about a good customer service than to deal with Grumpy Gus' Glorious Guns.

I hate surprises that make me money. It just sucks. "Damn. Some guy's gun is here. I'll book it in and wait for him to show up and get it. And I'll charge him $30-50 for teh service. I hate when this happens." LOL

When I was young, EVERY business operated like this. "Oh shit. You want a product or service? Dammitall. Seriously??? I'm gonna grump about it all day and make you never want to call us again if we can both help it."

The only people that are like that anymore are some contractors. . . . and many old-school gun shops. I just don't get it. Too many quality shops that care about a good customer service than to deal with Grumpy Gus' Glorious Guns.

The level /#of things that can go wrong by not following a little etiquette are crazy. Then again if they're not willing to put up with the garbage they shouldn't list themselves as taking open inbounds either.

The only reason most dealer transfers are cheap (under 50 bucks) is because most of the customers aren't retarded. When the retard level increases, expect prices to trend accordingly.

I knew about their search engine, I wasnt aware they had a browser. Ive been using Brave for a while, would I gain anything by switching?
I switched to the Brave browser at home maybe last week or 2. Been pretty good so far, but some trouble with videos my daughter sent, but I didn't really look into it that deeply. I still have Firefox, Chrome, Edge hanging around in case. Seems pretty fast also. Did about 3 updates since installing.

Being on an approved list simply means that they have established a relationship with Brownells and Brownells does not have to call and check that they are legitimate FFL.

I think that people are trying to "nudge" you into being a courteous customer and letting the FFL know that something is inbound for you.

Simple common courtesy goes a long ways. On both sides of the transaction. ;)

When I did a curtesy call for my FL FFL who was on the GB list he was like "why are you calling me just ship it" [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom