• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dealers flooding the regular WTS section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddone13

NES Member
So the title is pretty much it. Dealers posting a million ads in the regular WTS rifle section and others. It's annoying. I visit that to see rifles for sale by other people, not FFLs

Isn't that the whole point of having a dealer section and a regular section?

Any else?

So the title is pretty much it. Dealers posting a million ads in the regular WTS rifle section and others. It's annoying. I visit that to see rifles for sale by other people, not FFLs

Isn't that the whole point of having a dealer section and a regular section?

Any else?
Yup

I understand the process and I bear no ill will towards the dealers. They are just following the rules. What bugs me is when I post something for sale I'd at least like it to stay in the first page or 2 for a day. What happens sometimes is you post something for sale and then it ends up several pages in very quickly, sometimes in less than 24 hours, and the add gets no exposure. I realize all someone needs to do is use the search feature but unfortunately manner people don't. Especially if they are not looking for something specific but just browsing.

I understand the process and I bear no ill will towards the dealers. They are just following the rules. What bugs me is when I post something for sale I'd at least like it to stay in the first page or 2 for a day. What happens sometimes is you post something for sale and then it ends up several pages in very quickly, sometimes in less than 24 hours, and the add gets no exposure. I realize all someone needs to do is use the search feature but unfortunately manner people don't. Especially if they are not looking for something specific but just browsing.

I bear no ill towards non-dealers (aka my customers and potential customers) but you sound entitled.

They pay 5x as much per year as regular members do, why shouldn't they get extra perks?

Just ignore the dealers and you won't see their ads if it bothers you so much.

Yes. They get a whole dealer classified section. That's part of their perks

I also pay to use this site. One of those perks is to use the classified section to sell stuff if I'd like to. I'd love for it to not be buried under many different dealer ads

Then what is the point of having 2 different sections?

I also pay to use this site. One of those perks is to use the classified section to sell stuff if I'd like to. I'd love for it to not be buried under many different dealer ads

To have both dealers and non-dealers bitch and moan.

Dealers like KAG Arms tend to have better stuff as well as better prices (most anyway except that TPNES knockoff La Flama Blanca) than the boomer Foghorn Leghorn Fudds in the real private party classifieds. Would be great to see classifieds by state. Can we get an NH classifieds section?

So wait for the dealer who buries your ad to bump his ads, then bump yours.

The only way I can see dealers in the classifieds as a negative if they are selling the same thing as you but for less.

I never had any problems.

If someone wants what you have for sale, they will find it.

If they don't like the price they will either lowball you or move on.

I guarantee if you advertise a new Glock 19 for $200 and it is buried under 100 dealer ads, you will still sell it in less than 24 hours.

Dealers like KAG Arms tend to have better stuff as well as better prices (most anyway except that TPNES knockoff La Flama Blanca) than the boomer Foghorn Leghorn Fudds in the real private party classifieds. Would be great to see classifieds by state. Can we get an NH classifieds section?
Yeah you got any info on that Flama Blanca guy? He seems sketchy

I bear no ill towards non-dealers (aka my customers and potential customers) but you sound entitled.

You take me wrong. If I were a dealer I might/would do the same thing. I can have a problem with the system and not the people involved. And yes, I would like my ads (however few I have) to stick on the first couple of pages longer however it is what it is. I can express what I believe to be issues with the system yet still choose to participate.

Yeah you got any info on that Flama Blanca guy? He seems sketchy
Is that ma**h*** firearms?

He’s got some nice stuff but too rich for my middle class ass.

How about some night vision deals @KAG Arms? Someone’s gott step into the void.

This is nothing new and nothing the board wants to deal with.

Just put them on ignore.

Note I don't have a paying membership anymore--yeah, the classified issues, and not just the dealer stuff is a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom