DCR Hearings - HUGE CCW BAN PROPOSED READ!!!!

Mike S

NES Member
If this new CMR is passed it will have HUGE implications on the CCW rights of MA residents.

Please see the GOAL alert. Please click the link to read the text of the proposed CMR and skip to page 27. This list of areas that the proposed ban would affect is vast to say the least. This needs to be stopped.

Please note, all of these hearings are scheduled for 7:30 pm.

These hearings should be FLOODED with pro 2A citizens banding together to stop this nonsense.

Last edited:
If this new CMR is passed it will have HUGE implications on the CCW rights of MA residents.

Please see the GOAL alert. Please click the link to read the text of the proposed CMR and skip to page 27. This list of areas that the proposed ban would affect is vast to say the least. This needs to be stopped.

Please note, all of these hearings are scheduled for 7:30 pm.

These hearings should be FLOODED with pro 2A citizens banding together to stop this nonsense.
The FN Democratzzzz are at it again, any Democratzzzz want to show yourself and defend this crap ? They also outlaw a bunch of bow hunting so the bird watchers can use the woods 24/7/365 ! Ah@/$$ ! Make the meetings if you can !!!

These ass-hats want to turn a ridiculous amount of -for all intents and purposes- RANDOM locations into prohibited places and turn us into criminals? **** every single one of the people who contributed to writing that POS paper.

ETA: I'm going to West Boylston.

Last edited:
Trying to download the pdf but it's freezing my computer. I'll try again another time but I'm pretty positive I would OPPOSE anything in it.

F*ck the bird watchers. They have all of sacred f*cking Sunday to prance around and do their thing. [angry]

Could someone explain to me what legal capacity DCR has to ban firearms on property? It appears this is being attempted to pass not through legislation but instead regulation?

Last edited:
I will likely be at the carver one.

I think I can make that one too.

Here is something from GOAL's page on this matter that should be in bold. Everyone should at least write a testimony if they can or cannot be there...

Please note: Verbal and written testimony may be presented at the public hearings; however, parties are requested to provide written copies of their testimony. Written comments will be accepted beginning November 4, 2013 until 5:00 p.m. E.S.T. on Friday, December 6, 2013. Please submit written comments to Laura Dietz via mail to Department of Conservation and Recreation, 251 Causeway Street, Suite 600, Boston, MA. 02114 or via e-mail: [email protected]

also if there are no punitive actions in place from the legislature does this have teeth?

Last edited:
also if there are no punitive actions in place from the legislature is this have teeth?

+1 Since it will be in the CMR's does it become a REAL prohibited carry location, or is it just a "Please leave" type deal?

ETA: Looking at the 302 CMR 12 Draft, section 20... it says

"Any person who by his actions violates any provision of 302 CMR 12.00, or any
person who fails to comply with any reasonable request of DCR personnel or law
enforcement official, may be denied admittance to a DCR property, and may be
subject to fine, eviction, banning or a combination of those penalties. "

Nowhere does it list specifically what those penalties would be.

Last edited:
TOTAL BS!

I will attend and verbally testify at one of the hearings, likely Boylston.

Double your efforts - after these hearings, take your same concerns over to the North Attleboro meeting on Nov. 25 and bring this up there too. Its all the same battle, and it may be the last chance you have to let it rip before the new Mass legislation is released. We need folks to fill all these events.

I'll be at Carver. I have written an influential people in the town regarding this and hope that he attends too.

+1 Since it will be in the CMR's does it become a REAL prohibited carry location, or is it just a "Please leave" type deal?

ETA: Looking at the 302 CMR 12 Draft, section 20... it says

"Any person who by his actions violates any provision of 302 CMR 12.00, or any
person who fails to comply with any reasonable request of DCR personnel or law
enforcement official, may be denied admittance to a DCR property, and may be
subject to fine, eviction, banning or a combination of those penalties. "

Nowhere does it list specifically what those penalties would be.

It's not their property, it's the ****ing property of every resident in this state. This is along the same lines of the federal shut down bullshit. **** them

If we cannot use these properties for hunting and/or fishing, then none of our licensing fees should be used to operate/maintain them!

I'll be trying to make the Carver one. I wonder if we could find out how much money from sporting licenses/guns and ammunition sales go to supporting these places.

If we cannot use these properties for hunting and/or fishing, then none of our licensing fees should be used to operate/maintain them!

Or to purchase them.

Edit:
WAIT! Isn't that a hook? WERE license fees used for purchase, operating, or maintaining any of these properties? Would it be illegal to deny access to license holders because of this reason?

I haven't seen the list, but does it include property bought with hunting/fishing/sporting license fees? That wouldn't surprise me, but it would be the final straw. The DFW is holding a ceremony out in the Berkshires to celebrate 200,000 acres bought with license fees. Ironic.

The DCR is loaded with moonbats.
We had a couple of them harrassing us while hunting a friends property abutting DCR land.
They called the local PD on us, were told by them we were legal.
Called the wardens, told the same thing.
Started driving up and down the road laying on the DCR trucks horn when they saw our truck parked there.
One of them parked on the road and walked into the woods hollering for us to leave, we couldn't hunt there.
Finally one time I got pissed and looped around behind her.
She never heard me come up behind her till I said "Excuse me miss, do you know hunter harrassment is an arrestable offence?"
Pretty sure she soiled herself.
They quit doing it after that. [wink]

Last edited:
Public lands are about as appealing a notion as a public toilet. What the government owns, the majority controls. Needless to say, gun owners in Mass are no majority. Oppose government ownership of land whenever possible. Private property is the last line of defense against the endless meddling of the state.

Forest and Parks regulations are not arrestable, The usual way of dealing with a DCR violation is a written warning or a Non-Criminal violation notice for whatever the amount is allowed by statute at the current time or a summons to the local court for criminal complaint. They will also ask you to leave.

Joe, question for you . . . if you happen to know.

Were any of the listed properties purchased with Pittman-Robertson funds?

If you don't know, do you have any idea how it can be determined? Is there any database with that type of info that we could check?

Or to purchase them.

Edit:
WAIT! Isn't that a hook? WERE license fees used for purchase, operating, or maintaining any of these properties? Would it be illegal to deny access to license holders because of this reason?

You are spot-on if those funds were used to purchase any of these lands.

I haven't seen the list, but does it include property bought with hunting/fishing/sporting license fees? That wouldn't surprise me, but it would be the final straw. The DFW is holding a ceremony out in the Berkshires to celebrate 200,000 acres bought with license fees. Ironic.

From a discussion with my town's Financial Director . . .

- I live in a tree-hugger town where shooting is banned and essentially hunting is not sanctioned (anyone suspected of hunting is harassed by the local police).

- I was told that any "conservation land" purchased in the town MUST (by law) be open to hunting.

If this is true, this is an effective way to defeat this BS.

Didn't courts just rule that the gov't couldn't include the parking lot of post offices as prohibited locations? In that case I can't see how, for example, the entire walking area along the Charles river could be a prohibited location.

Could someone explain to me what legal capacity DCR has to ban firearms on property? It appears this is being attempted to pass not through legislation but instead regulation?
Maybe like a state university or other state-owned property? A student who is a part-time police officer in Pennsylvania got nailed on charges of improper storage and carrying firearms on campus last week at UMass Dartmouth. He was summonsed to court and his two handguns and ammo confiscated by Umass Dartmouth campus police. He was obviously LEOSA, because he was not charged with carrying without a license. Maybe DCR can do the same, based on the same principles? I am stunned, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom