• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DC - Armored Car Guard Shoots Would-Be Robber

Yeah, I spent some time with the FBI. Nothing like being locked in an office with those guys giving you the once over.

We were never robbed while I worked at that branch but we did have some internal theft. One guy stole 4k from a toys r us deposit and used it to buy an AR10. The bank caught it and it was traced back to our branch. The guys partner almost killed him after the Feds came banging on his door accusing him of being in on the theft.

I wouldn't consider this to be a good shoot.

The guard gave chase and fired his weapon, police said, apparently striking the suspect in the lower leg.

No threat, the crime was over and he put innocents at risk. The guy deserves to lose his $12/hr job.
Its not about the robber. I could give two craps about the robber. He deserves anything he gets, including being shot.
But to discharge a firearm in an urban environment without cause is wrong.

I can't imaging being put in that position and what could have been going through his head but that wasn't the way to handle it. I am sure they will both be in trouble.

armored car guard just seems like a headache of a job that I would never want

That's an understatement. If you are robbed, the immediate suspicion (or rather presumption) is that you were in on it, and you will be a prime suspect until proven otherwise .... all for about $11/hour.

Back
Top Bottom