• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Danvers Fish & Game Club

Can you shoot an AK with a 30 round mag at Danvers Fish and game if they are both pre ban and Mass compliant? No laws are broken, why not? Also Glocks with 17 round pre ban mags? If either of these are a problem at Danvers then they are infringing your second amendment rights...

Can you shoot an AK with a 30 round mag at Danvers Fish and game if they are both pre ban and Mass compliant? No laws are broken, why not? Also Glocks with 17 round pre ban mags? If either of these are a problem at Danvers then they are infringing your second amendment rights...

Yea right, good luck with that at Danvers FUDD. Funny post of the day.

Thats so un-American! No way any gun range is going to dictate what you can shoot beyond the Mass Approved Weapons Roster...must be owned and operated by Democrats. Pathetic.

I shot my Browning 1919 with a 250 round belt and all the Fudds said was boy is that loud. The older gents weren't wearing hearing protection but I gave them plenty of warning.
No one has ever said a word about mag size. Maybe things have changed.

You have to cut them a little slack at DFG. Town has grown up around them and it feels like I can walk to McDonalds from the club house. They must be on real thin ice with the neighbors and the town. Yeah, people shouldn't have built or bought near a range if they didn't like it and they should quietly live with it, but that's not how the real world works.

SO I called the clubhouse today and asked about certain calibers and the answer I got was "there is no caliber restrictions at the outdoor range." I was then asked to call the outdoor range to confirm and no one answered.....so I think cockpitbob hit the nail on the head...I think IMHO, if you don't draw too much attention to yourself you should be fine.

I called over there last week inquiring about membership. I got the answering machine but the guy was kind enough to call me back and talk to me about the club a little. He did say that I would need 2 members to sign for me and when I asked how I might go about meeting members he said I could go by there between 9 and 4 on Sat or Sun to try and meet people. I realize that's common for gun clubs to require members to sign for you but still I would feel a little awkward walking around trying to meet people.

Find out when the next open membership meeting is and just show up. You won't have a problem finding people to sign your card.

Curious, what is the purpose of having 2 random people you've never met before other than that day "vouch for you"?
The purpose appears to be to let the members help keep out the bad apples. I just joined and apparently they come down hard on the members that recommend someone who turns out to be a problem. I have no idea what "come down hard" means.

Find out when the next open membership meeting is and just show up. You won't have a problem finding people to sign your card.
Will look into that. Thanks.

Curious, what is the purpose of having 2 random people you've never met before other than that day "vouch for you"?
Don't know. I would have imagined that Massachusetts was stringent enough already on who can own a gun.

But that's not what happens. example at any club in NE: I go to join a club, have my LTC for umpteen years, but I need two present members to vouch for me. If I show up at a monthly meeting, usually two BoD members will sign; there will be a waiting period for me, usually a month, so they can put my name in the newsletter, to advise any members to check and see if they know me.
Most clubs have a safety/rules orientation you must attend, and then you're good to go.

I don't understand the point of having anyone sign for me

Back
Top Bottom