• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dan Wesson 744

Sweeney

NES Member
After some help from fellow NESers I was finally able to locate a Dan Wesson 44 mag (Monson). I had and sold one 25 years ago and since have had the itch to get another... no easy feat here in MA.

Here 'tis;

IMG_0919_zpsxpzyxono.jpg

I added the Heavy Vent shroud from CZ who now owns DW. I also got a new barrel wrench and fiber optic front sight from another DW enthusiast who produces some parts for the DW line of revolvers.

I will probably do a little reshaping of the grip even though I have a new Hogue on the way.

Last edited:
Awesome. Looks really clean. Congratulations on finding one.

Thanks! It's in really nice shape. It was ordered by a gun shop owner for his personal use and the serial number is his initials -1. I'll get an 8"HV barrel for it once a new batch is made.

I love the way these things are built.

beauty, love my Dan Wessons, i always thought they were the cheap mans Python, till i shot one!

I miss my 715, but it's nice to have all the safe space back that the gun and its various barrels, shrouds, nuts and tools were taking up. That's what I tell myself anyway.

IMG_1789[1].jpg my two Monson ladies, 15 with 8" ewk RH barrel and shroud, 40 .357 supermag, 10"Vh with ewk comp, they are my two most accurate handguns by far ( pardon the dirt, they are both shot regularly)!

In the early 70's,I worked for a contractor setting up the machinery at old school in Monson. Wish I had purchased one…..a friend owned one of first Model W12 Pistol Pack with a low two digit serial number.

This is my 15-2 Monson with EWK extra heavy 4" an LB Custom grip. I bought the grip unfinished and did some shaping to better fit my paws.

My grandmother worked at the Monson factory as an assembler. Still looking for ones she assembled. She would engrave "Andy" on the frame under the grip.

I haven't found any in a few years of searching locally. I'm sure I would be able to find one if I searched hard enough online.

My father has two DW's. One he bought when the factory was still open. The other was my grandfather's. He got it made for him before he retired from the police dept. Has his initials as the serial #.

My grandmother worked at the Monson factory as an assembler. Still looking for ones she assembled. She would engrave "Andy" on the frame under the grip.

I haven't found any in a few years of searching locally. I'm sure I would be able to find one if I searched hard enough online.

My father has two DW's. One he bought when the factory was still open. The other was my grandfather's. He got it made for him before he retired from the police dept. Has his initials as the serial #.

I just checked both of mine and found no engraving.

She didn't engrave all of them from what she told me. I wish she was still around so I could talk to her more about it.

Back
Top Bottom