Daily show on open carry

John Pierce is a good man for playing along.

Think, the article wouldn't have been as funny if Clint Smith or Massad Ayoob was being interviewed (yes I know Ayoob is also a leo).

They needed someone with which they could mock, if not in idealogy, then stature.

That being said, I've loved The Daily Show since Kilborn, love Colbert, and watch Comedy Central more than any other network.

That was funny as hell. I did express out loud a big "f*** you" when the Brady campaign guy was talking.

Open carry isn't for me, but I don't try too hard to conceal.

Nice....If I lived there I'd probably do the same.

IWB? Sure!

But while wearing a t-shirt.
jim-carrey.jpg

Aww come on. It was funny as hell when the guy, covered in firearms, turns to the crowd and cries, "Stop staring at me! What! Why am I different!?!"

That actually sums up many OC'ers IMO, or at least the ones we so often see.

I'm all for it being 100% legal and commonplace to lean your rifle against the table while eating at Applebee's or while sitting in a pew at church. It doesn't bother me in the least, but I personally choose not to do it for my own reasons, the most important being that it's illegal to open carry in my state. [laugh]

Alot of states are Open Carry States(ME, NH, VT, CT..Not sure about RI..and Mass has Suitability) ..but only a few are "true" open carry states..meaning no permit needed to OC Loaded, including in a vehicle..

Correct. In Wisconsin open carry is legal in theory, but in practice it will get you proned out and/or arrested. Also, the way that the law is written in that state, there's really no way to open carry in a vehicle without mouting a holster to the outside of your car door.

No. First because I'm not interesting in having a discussion with people who don't get it. I think that's called a "battle of wits with an unarmed man". [smile] Second because I carry for protection, not to make a statement, and I prefer the element of surprise.

But, it's ok with me if others want to OC.

+1

Permits shouldn't be required... if someone is a dangerous criminal, they should still be in jail, so I fail to see why a permit should be necessary.

Correct, and because licensing a right isn't...well, it isn't right.

They called the Brady's a "Well funded hate group". Tounge in cheek or no, that was priceless!

They wear pointy white hats and burn crosses in Starbucks as far as I'm concerned.

And apparently Nevada is an open carry state.

Its not really, state law does not explicitly make it legal or illegal.

Nevada is most certainly an OC state...no permit is needed to Open Carry, including in a car and they have Full Preemption ( Minus Clark County)
And Laws don't usually make things legal...just illegal

Back
Top Bottom