• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

D-Day broadcast

I remember in when I was in 5th or 6th grade, I did a big huge report for school on D-day. It fascinated me. I'm 43 now with 3 kids. My oldest is in 5th grade, I'm not sure she even knows what D-day is. I'm going to lay blame on myself first, but I'm also wondering what kids are learning in school these days.

I remember in when I was in 5th or 6th grade, I did a big huge report for school on D-day. It fascinated me. I'm 43 now with 3 kids. My oldest is in 5th grade, I'm not sure she even knows what D-day is. I'm going to lay blame on myself first, but I'm also wondering what kids are learning in school these days.

Oldest kids (3rd and 1st grade) went to school today knowing what day it was and the significance. My oldest brought a "101st Airborne in Normandy" book to school today to show the kids. The kids don't know for the most part. Do yourself a favor and don't look at a history book (now they call is "Communities"). Teach them history yourself and make them appologists for truth.

World War 2 wasn't covered until 10th/11th grade at my school. 3rd grade-7th grade was ancient greece for some reason.

Thanks for sharing. I tried explaining it to my 4 & 7 year old girls last night but they are still too young to fully understand. My oldest stayed home sick today so I'll never know if it was even metioned in school today.

Back
Top Bottom